X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is time for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      After the finish last season and the start to this one with the addition of the #2 player in the country..........how can they be THIS bad?

In the next game I was so pulling for the Ags. I despise Arkansas basketball.
      Ags got AMBUSHED last night by the Piggies. Dang it was over within the first 5 minutes. I know the final score looked relatively close but that game was not close.

Barnes is probably going to be dismissed I would think.

Comment

I like him but I think hes going to be dismissed. I dont understand why they cant win.

Comment

Originally posted by jcso139 View Post
          I like him but I think hes going to be dismissed. I dont understand why they cant win.
          some coaches can recruit , but can't coach to save their life

other coaches make incredible runs in the NCAA tourney with mediocre talent, but can't sell ice to an eskimo

I think Barnes and Johnny Jones (LSU) are in the same boat.

incredible recruiters of talent, but atrocious when it comes to Basketball X's and O's

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            Ags got AMBUSHED last night by the Piggies. Dang it was over within the first 5 minutes. I know the final score looked relatively close but that game was not close.

Barnes is probably going to be dismissed I would think.
            It got pretty pretty close when Ags were down 1(?) with 3:10 left but they got blocked under the basket and then sent the Hogs to the line. They gave up at that point but the 3 pointer at the end was a back door cover for the Aggies

Who do you get to replace him? Do you get another BAMA assistant!

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by 15ncs View Post
                It got pretty pretty close when Ags were down 1(?) with 3:10 left but they got blocked under the basket and then sent the Hogs to the line. They gave up at that point but the 3 pointer at the end was a back door cover for the Aggies

Who do you get to replace him? Do you get another BAMA assistant!
                speaking of ....

how much longer does ALA plan on sticking with Anthony Grant ?

so much promise and expectations when he was named head coach in 2009

IMO, he's one of the most overpaid CBB coaches around ... $2M per
                ...6 seasons as HC with only 1 trip to March Madness

Comment

I referee high school basketball and can tell you there are better coaches in high school at floor spacing. It is unacceptable to have the biggest front court on any given night and the spacing be so off that you cant give the bigs any room to operate. Outside shots need to be made to open up the inside but outside shots dont always fall. You have to put players in spots on the floor that open lanes for driving/dishing/dumping to big men, I just dont understand his offensive sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    speaking of ....

how much longer does ALA plan on sticking with Anthony Grant ?

so much promise and expectations when he was named head coach in 2009

IMO, he's one of the most overpaid CBB coaches around ... $2M per
                    ...6 seasons as HC with only 1 trip to March Madness
                    If he had only had this guy recruiting for him

I believe he is gone but I don't know what the buyout is. If it is high then he has a chance if he beats KY in the SEC tourney and gets to the Final Four

You know me, I love defense in anything but he takes it to a new level. We make a steal and pull up out a fast break to work the clock. It is not a sin to score points and then play D!
                    I could go on and on but basically he needs a fantastic finish plus a high buyout to save him. The buyout did the trick last year combined with not having anyone out there BAMA wanted to try to go after.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Texas had Kansas on the ropes and could not finish, again. Pitiful.

Comment

Yup. Missed free throw and bad forced shots on Texas in the last 3 minutes cost them the game.

Potential is there. They could be 22-7 as they should be. Holmes as you can see has lot all conficence. The only senior and he is timid as a freshman.

Comment

I cannot believe Texas beat 14Baylor. 61-59 in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            I cannot believe Texas beat 14Baylor. 61-59 in OT.
                            They fought their way in that game literally. Great game

Comment

I'm done with Barnes. Tons of talent on a team that can't close in the final minutes is on the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                                I'm done with Barnes. Tons of talent on a team that can't close in the final minutes is on the coach.
                                Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X