first grind with my new to me grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first grind with my new to me grinder

not finished but i was pretty excited how it came out,not sure if ill polish it or keep it satin finish,its 440c stainless so ill probably have to send it out for heat treating
    Attached Files

good job brother,should turn out real nice

Comment

Looks good Bubba. What kind of belt grinder did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
        Looks good Bubba. What kind of belt grinder did you get?
        its an old 6 x48 craftsman,a little tricky to do the bevels but once i figured it out it wasnt too bad,problem is the paper isnt as wide as the backing plate but its an old one so i was able to tweek the top roller and move the belt to either side

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
          its an old 6 x48 craftsman,a little tricky to do the bevels but once i figured it out it wasnt too bad,problem is the paper isnt as wide as the backing plate but its an old one so i was able to tweek the top roller and move the belt to either side

It did a heck of a job on that blade; looks great!

I worked all day making a new 2x72 belt grinder.. This time I made it with a drive wheel, (tired of belt drives) and bought all new contact and tracking wheels, I made all the tracking mechanism and it's all 1/4 aluminum. It's all from scratch, the only thing I'm re-using I had an old 6x48 table sander I hardly use anymore and took the motor off of it.

Comment

Looks good to me!

Comment

looking good...

Comment

It did a heck of a job on that blade; looks great!

I worked all day making a new 2x72 belt grinder.. This time I made it with a drive wheel, (tired of belt drives) and bought all new contact and tracking wheels, I made all the tracking mechanism and it's all 1/4 aluminum. It's all from scratch, the only thing I'm re-using I had an old 6x48 table sander I hardly use anymore and took the motor off of it.
                what did that cost you to build??

Comment

Actually not that much only had to buy drive wheel, tracking wheel and contact wheel, I spent under 400. My son and I worked on it all day today and he has a sign shop with all the aluminum, welders, all the proper fabricating tools I needed. It's good to have a son that doesn't mind helping out his Pops.

Comment

Actually not that much only had to buy drive wheel, tracking wheel and contact wheel, I spent under 400. My son and I worked on it all day today and he has a sign shop with all the aluminum, welders, all the proper fabricating tools I needed. It's good to have a son that doesn't mind helping out his Pops.
                    thats awsome,me and my son used to built bbq pits together,but he moved out and grew up

Comment

Originally posted by paintman View Post
                      thats awsome,me and my son used to built bbq pits together,but he moved out and grew up
                      That hurts; I'm blessed that my three boys and two girls all live fairly close by and we get together quite a bit. Here's my son Josh helping me with my grinder.. I felt bad I took up all of his saturday.
                      Last edited by Bjankowski; 03-24-2013, 12:42 AM.

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

looks good

Comment

Looks fiod

Comment

great job on the blade

Comment

Working...
                              X