Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T/C compass in 6.5 creedmoor

Originally posted by TCB View Post
    Where are you buying the replacement spring?

I ordered my spring from here-
    Lighten your rifles factory trigger pull!For a more complete description, with installation instructions, click on the picture.

Keep in mind the spring is originally for a Model 70, but works well as a replacement in the compass.

Here is a good video showing how to do it and the results of such-

there is another guy on the you tube with his own vid selling this spring on flea bay for $10-

says it will lower the pull to 2# 6oz, which is way too light for my application, but another option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveC; 01-18-2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

I've gotten 3 of our 4 rebates already. I submitted those three online, the other I mailed because the serial number wasn't in the system.

Havn't tried the spring swap yet.

Comment

My preference will be the RAP because it will be suppressed. I cant say about the Compass because I have never had one. I have had a few of the RAP’s and they have all been great shooters and out shoot me.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing_bone View Post
            My preference will be the RAP because it will be suppressed. I cant say about the Compass because I have never had one. I have had a few of the RAP’s and they have all been great shooters and out shoot me.
            The Compass comes threaded, and therefore easily suppressed, right? Am I missing something else?

Comment

Originally posted by Brazman View Post
              The Compass comes threaded, and therefore easily suppressed, right? Am I missing something else?

I did not realize it did. I have looked at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's mine. Bought it in December and for $200 I absolutely love it. Here's my set up and a 5 shot group at 100 yards. Pulled the 4th shot so that's on me. Very happy with it, hoping to stretch it out to 400 plus soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                  Here's mine. Bought it in December and for $200 I absolutely love it. Here's my set up and a 5 shot group at 100 yards. Pulled the 4th shot so that's on me. Very happy with it, hoping to stretch it out to 400 plus soon

Good looking paper holes for a $200 gun!

fwiw, the mail in rebate has been extended on these rifles -

and Kentucky gun co will ship them free to you ffl with no tax

KY Gun Co is your one-stop online shop with the lowest prices for firearms, ammunition, accessories, parts, and outdoor essentials. We ship fast and easy around the country from our home locations in Kentucky, and are always ready to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you done anything to that gun besides a scope and can? What ammo? I'm really starting to lean towards the compass especially since the rebate is still going on.
                    The "light" barrel had me worried about over heating and stringing shots. Have you seen an issue with that?
                    I will be putting a M11 muzzle brake on the gun so my kids can shoot it. Plus I'd like to be able to call my own shots and see bullet impacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                      Have you done anything to that gun besides a scope and can? What ammo? I'm really starting to lean towards the compass especially since the rebate is still going on.
                      The "light" barrel had me worried about over heating and stringing shots. Have you seen an issue with that?
                      I will be putting a M11 muzzle brake on the gun so my kids can shoot it. Plus I'd like to be able to call my own shots and see bullet impacts.

I haven't done anything to the gun but will probably pick up that lighter spring for the trigger and close to the end of the year I'll probably go ahead and drop it in a new boyds stock. Currently the stock trigger feels okay to me, not much play and it does have a crisp break. Im used to shooting a 3lb trigger on my AR so im hoping that spring will help.

This group was shot with Hornady Black 140gr. When I was breaking in the gun I had a solid 3 hole group just less than .5 MOA with Hornady ELD-X 143gr. Did not have any issues with shots stringing, though I was worried as well but then again, most I've shot consecutively has been about 10-12 shots before a 10 minute cease fire at the range.

Muzzle break will be great if you don't have a can. I have the silencer co ASR brake mounted and without the can the recoil is close to maybe a .243.

Comment

I haven't done anything to the gun but will probably pick up that lighter spring for the trigger and close to the end of the year I'll probably go ahead and drop it in a new boyds stock. Currently the stock trigger feels okay to me, not much play and it does have a crisp break. Im used to shooting a 3lb trigger on my AR so im hoping that spring will help.

This group was shot with Hornady Black 140gr. When I was breaking in the gun I had a solid 3 hole group just less than .5 MOA with Hornady ELD-X 143gr. Did not have any issues with shots stringing, though I was worried as well but then again, most I've shot consecutively has been about 10-12 shots before a 10 minute cease fire at the range.

Muzzle break will be great if you don't have a can. I have the silencer co ASR brake mounted and without the can the recoil is close to maybe a .243.
                        SOLD!!!! Thanks brother for the info.

Comment

I got the compass in 6.5. $375 for gun, vortex diamondback 4-12, and rings before rebate, $300 after. I ordered a spring from old beaver gunsmith on eBay. I also polished all the contact surfaces on the trigger and sear. It's about 3.4lbs and very smooth. I have only shot it to sight in and one group that was 1.5". When I get some free time I'm going to work up a load.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                            Try this link. Mine says it was approved and processing

http://www.rebateinquiryonline.com/M...essMilano.aspx

I’m in the system now.
                            I Just needed a little patience I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by cwd500 View Post
                              I got the compass in 6.5. $375 for gun, vortex diamondback 4-12, and rings before rebate, $300 after. I ordered a spring from old beaver gunsmith on eBay. I also polished all the contact surfaces on the trigger and sear. It's about 3.4lbs and very smooth. I have only shot it to sight in and one group that was 1.5". When I get some free time I'm going to work up a load.

My only beef with this package is mine came with high rings- what knuckle dragger at the factory decided high rings were needed with a 40mm objective- smh.
                              Must’ve had too many highs sitting on the shelf they needed to unload.
                              I promptly replaced mine with mediums so I don’t have to come off the cheek well to look through the scope.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                                My only beef with this package is mine came with high rings- what knuckle dragger at the factory decided high rings were needed with a 40mm objective- smh.
                                Must’ve had too many highs sitting on the shelf they needed to unload.
                                I promptly replaced mine with mediums so I don’t have to come off the cheek well to look through the scope.

Mine came with mediums

Comment

Working...
                                X