It just wasn't his day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just wasn't his day

I was headed out to my place in the country this morning right after daylight. A nice sized boar ran across the public road into my neighbors place. It's about 200 yards of woods before my place starts. If he kept on course he would hit my oat patch in about a minute. I floored it and turned in my gate.

Unfortunately I accidentally locked my keys in my everyday truck. I didn't have a rifle with me. But I did have my newly acquired STI Perfect 10 along. I jumped out and headed on foot to try and intersect him.

I saw him coming across the oat patch walking at a fast pace. I closed the distance as much as I could but he would be in the woods again real quick. I stopped and took a two handed stance. Aimed about 18 inches over him a led him a little bit. I touched off the shot and the boar dropped. I couldn't believe it!

I paced off 148 yards. The bullet hit him smack in the top of the head. It was a 180 Winchester hollow point. Doesn't look like it expanded at all but then it didn't need too. He was moving left to right. This was definitely either the best or luckiest handgun shot I have ever made.

AWESOME SHOT! Big pig too!

Comment

Wow! Go buy a lotto ticket! Great shot

Comment

WW!!!

Awesome/lucky shot

Comment

Hammer Time

Comment

great job. that had to have been a fun stalk even had you not made the shot.

but to have succeeded , makes it all the more awesome...

Comment

Dang! I would have to call that lucky

Comment

awesome

Comment

Gun go BOOM BOOM not pew pew!

Comment

Heckuva shot!!!!

Comment

Good shooting!

Comment

HOLY $%^& !!!!!! Friggin' Incredible !!!!

Comment

Dang son!

Comment

kap

Comment

Congrats. Either way luck or skill, thats one worth bragging about!!

Just goofing off with my 1911 at 120 yards one day shooting at a rocky hill and picking out one rock. I was able to place all 8 rounds in about a 5' radius with ball ammo. My buddy with me said no way he would have believe it if he hadnt seen it.

Comment

Working...
                              X