• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leopold

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      How are they?

OP- with that budget I'd just sit with what you have another season and save up until you can at least get some Zeiss conquest or some equivalent in the 800+ range
      I ran them against a buddies 12x EL's, edge to edge the EL was better. Light(dawn and dust) was a draw. Color and overall pop it was a draw.

Only thing the EL really beat it on was weight and edge to edge clarity. If I would of been the guy who had the EL's I'd sent them back and bought two different power Maven for same price.

my older vortex razors are 8x and they don't hold a candle to the maven even being less power.

It was a hard pill for me to swallow spending that much on glass and not being able to compare since they are a direct to consumer model, luckily they where at TTH in 2015. I went there just to visit with them last year and glad I did. I spend a lot of time behind mine in Stx and hunting mulies and elk out west. 11x are a perfect compermise between power and ability to hold steady

Comment

Vortex Talon HD for around $500, Vortex Viper HD for around $650 or if you want close to Swaro performance at about 1/2 the cost Vortex Razor HD.

All of these are in a 10x42 bino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Vortex Talon HD for around $500, Vortex Viper HD for around $650 or if you want close to Swaro performance at about 1/2 the cost Vortex Razor HD.

All of these are in a 10x42 bino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the razor hd, but for bow hunting I felt like the viper hd would be plenty of glass for me. All great options listed above

Comment

Just save up and get the Swaros later on down the road.

Comment

I know a lot of guys really like the Meopta Meostar. I have not personally looked through them yet but have been wanting to.

I personally have Vanguard Endeavor ED's that to my eyes are the best bang for the buck. Compared next to Swaro SLC's, the only edge I could discern was clarity on the edge and a very slight(and i mean very) low light performance. Vanguard's warranty is solid as well.

Comment

Yes save for the swaros or Leica.

Vortex is good compared to Bushnell or airsoft binos. But 10 minutes in a well lit store & they all look good.

Comment

If you are serious about finding a great bino for the dollor great warranty check out . Outside edge they are exceptional glass . Check them out you like everything about them . Price included .

Comment

The Steiner Hunter models are very good german glass for the price.

---------------------------------------------------------
                    Q: Should I shoot a Mathews bow?
                    A: Por favor! ....... No mames güey!

Comment

Thanks for everyone's input. Unless I get a screaming deal on something, I'll probably suck it up and get me a pair of Swaros. (That's gonna hurt!) :-)

Comment

Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                        Thanks for everyone's input. Unless I get a screaming deal on something, I'll probably suck it up and get me a pair of Swaros. (That's gonna hurt!) :-)
                        Great choice that you won't regret. I have a pair of the EL's and they are fantastic. Good deals on Ebay for them.

Comment

Never, ever regretted buying swaros. Here's a link for reviews by size of different brands. Owned Swaro, Leupold, Nikon, Vortex, Zeiss and found these ratings to be pretty close imo. http://www.allbinos.com/rankings.html

Most look good during the day but in the end it's about how much you wanna pay for that last bit of light gathering and is it worth it to you..

Comment

Look through a pair of the Sig Zulu 7's and 9's. Cabelas carries the 7's. I compared with Swaro SLC, Zeiss Conquest, Vortex Razors, Cabelas Euro (Meopta) and the Zulu 7's. I went to the store Saturday evening about 8:00 to look during twilight hours. The Zulu's really surprised me for a $700 binocular and actually favored them over the Razors and Meoptas. The Zeiss didn't look anywhere near any of the others in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X