Opinions on My Bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on My Bow

I currently shoot a 2008/09 Bowtech Guardian. It is left handed and I got it for a steal. It is in need of new strings and as of now is not particularly tuned or set up well. I am considering buying a new bow and either trading this one or keeping it as backup. I can't decide if it is worth it to keep putting money into it or to just get a new one. I like the way it shoots but I have definitely shot newer how's that I like as well and better. What say the GS. Any opinions are welcome.

To the top... Anyone?

Comment

I would keep it, replace the string and do any upgrades to it that need to be done. I'm shooting an 07' Bear and will probably shoot it for a couple more years! But I'm pretty frugal.

Comment

It'd be worth keeping, and maybe not upgrading as well. You'll find a lot of new bows that'll be a little faster, but there isn't one on the market that's quieter than a Guardian (assuming that its timed/tuned correctly.

Disclaimer: I'm far from a Bowtech Homer, but the Guardian is one of the best hunting bows ever made along with the Switchback XT, PSE XForce 6 HF, and Elite Z28.

Comment

I'm with Powerstroker. You won't find a quieter bow. I have an 07' Guardian and a new Stevens Frontline. I love the Frontline, and it's almost as quiet as the Guardian, but it's not whisper quiet like the Guardian. Take it to a good shop for strings and cables. They'll tune it up when they replace them. My son shoots my Guardian and won't shoot anything else. If anything, keep it as a backup. Good luck.

Comment

I'm with the rest....It's gotten you this far, why drop it now? Just change out the strings and cables and let it eat!!....Make sure you use Korbin's Strings/cables....They are the best money can buy and he is a Texas boy to boot!!

Comment

I have the same bow right handed but love it, I'm bad about trading and upgrading and upgrading firearms but ill most likely take this bow to the grave with
              Me

Comment

Keep it. Heck! I can't bear the thought if getting rid of my '04 liberty

Comment

Keep it.
                  New Strings and cablesc will cost what $200.
                  New bow $950
                  Tune $150
                  Sight $100
                  Rest $140
                  Dampners $30
                  Stabilizer $70
                  Etc

Comment

Working...
                  X