Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Pro Shop in East Texas area tune bows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
    I had just got thru driving 3 hours on a Saturday for nothing and then someone tells me I should have know better without me even mentioning it rubbed me the wrong way.

I have heard of Winchesters but I think I will go to On Target because I like their service.
    I called RBO to make sure they could do all I needed on my bow two weeks ago, he said yes, but its about a 4 wk wait. I told him ok and was there with my bow (3.5hour drive) the next day. Cant wait to get it back, hopefully around September 1. From everything I have read on many forums, he is one of the best in the business at getting bows shooting good. Cant wait to smoke something with my new Elite Answer.

I however cant understand why in the world a person would drive 3hrs to a bow shop on a Saturday this close to season before calling to make sure they had time to help you out. The entire state of texas MIGHT have 30 quality bow shops for thousands or millions of archers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowhunter18 View Post
      I would suggest Outdoor Connection in Jacksonville, Texas. Awesome shop and he really knows his stuff.
      I've heard good things about them too. I'm gonna check them out next time I need something done.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        I called RBO to make sure they could do all I needed on my bow two weeks ago, he said yes, but its about a 4 wk wait. I told him ok and was there with my bow (3.5hour drive) the next day. Cant wait to get it back, hopefully around September 1. From everything I have read on many forums, he is one of the best in the business at getting bows shooting good. Cant wait to smoke something with my new Elite Answer.

I however cant understand why in the world a person would drive 3hrs to a bow shop on a Saturday this close to season before calling to make sure they had time to help you out. The entire state of texas MIGHT have 30 quality bow shops for thousands or millions of archers out there.
        I don't see how a tech could be 4 weeks out? How many bows does he have In Front of you? Where does he store all the bows he has to work on?

Comment

Originally posted by wacm View Post
          I don't see how a tech could be 4 weeks out? How many bows does he have In Front of you? Where does he store all the bows he has to work on?
          If you can't see how he's 4 weeks out then you don't know the quality of work he does and the time he puts in to each tune job especially if it requires new strings. Minimum of 100 shots to break the string in. How long does it take you to shoot 100 shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Fordman View Post
            Never really asked your opinion
            You could probably take it to Academy. They'll have you in and out in a jiffy.

Comment

Business is good :-) . Service racks that hold up to 40 bows and this time of year stay full and come in daily. We don't only service bows from Texas. i have many customers out of state that we service. Along with bow and product sales. All done by one persons. I plainly state the time frame so customers can make other arrangements if my turn around time doesn't suite there needs or time frame. Because I know everyone is preparing for the upcoming season. 48 days till Texas archery season. Wish you all the best of luck this hunting season. Goodnight green screen 6 am comes way to quick..

Jerry Reeves

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                You could probably take it to Academy. They'll have you in and out in a jiffy.
                Hahaha

Comment

Didn't ask, I know Jerry is known as the best bowman around and I want my bow to be at its best so he has it. I will get it a month before season so all is good there. As far as number of bows all I can say is he has tons, both for sale (which takes a lot of time when setting a new customer up, especially a new archer) and on the rack to work on.
                  Like I said in my other post, there are not many quality archery shops in the state and then when you count how any bow hunters and just bow shooters are out there it adds up quick.

Comment

Great post Javelin,i dont wanna upset the OP,but hey we all learn from our mistakes,i will have to visit Jerry er season,as my D350 is loadr than I think it should be,and I bet Jerry can quiet her down and gave her shooting better than ever,so good luck to the OP,,and may you have a successful season,hope all you guys have a successful sseason....

Comment

I am proud and blessed to call Jerry a personal friend of mine. And as for bows, I have never seen someone so meticulous and thorough when it comes to bow tuning. Do some research and you'll know why he's 4 weeks out. And worth every darn second!!

Comment

Working...
                      X