Best ranch to Hog Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bubinga View Post
    I was looking at booking a hunt at diamond c for my wife and I then I read rule #7. Too bad, looked like a good place. It's his place and he can make any rule he wants and I respect that, it just prevents me from being able to hunt there.
    Skylar and his family are great people, 3 of us jumped on a plane from England to hunt with Skylar at the Diamond C. I cant wait to get back there in the New Year.

Comment

BOW ONLY to me means hunting with bow only. It doesn't say you can't use guns, it doesn't even say no guns in hunting area, either of which would be fine. It says "no firearms of any kind on rach, period." The "period" is strong language and seems to leave little room for discussion. I'm not driving halfway across this state without a gun in the truck and I would have to drive my truck "one ranch" to get there. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact I said it's his place and he can have any rules he sees fit. I'm not mad at him or think that he is not top notch in any way, as matter of fact from what I have seen on here he sounds like a good guy which is why I was looking at hunting with him. But, like I said if I can't have a firearm in the truck it's not for me.

Comment

BOW ONLY to me means hunting with bow only. It doesn't say you can't use guns, it doesn't even say no guns in hunting area, either of which would be fine. It says "no firearms of any kind on rach, period." The "period" is strong language and seems to leave little room for discussion. I'm not driving halfway across this state without a gun in the truck and I would have to drive my truck "one ranch" to get there. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact I said it's his place and he can have any rules he sees fit. I'm not mad at him or think that he is not top notch in any way, as matter of fact from what I have seen on here he sounds like a good guy which is why I was looking at hunting with him. But, like I said if I can't have a firearm in the truck it's not for me.
        I'd give him a call about that. I'm sure he may not want you walking around with it, but he may be willing to let you keep it in the truck. Send him an email and see how he feels about that. You might be suprised.

Comment

You can have a gun in your truck! He dosent mean that! Hes just saying that its a bow ranch and no gun hunting! Give him a call and head that way youll love it!

Comment

I am cool with not carrying while hunting, but as long as he doesn't mind it in the truck then all is good. The way it was worded just made me think he ment he didn't want them anywhere. Good to hear otherwise.

Comment

I am fine with you bringing a gun, heck I let guys Shoot targets during the day if they ask first. You just cant take a gun in the field with you. That ALL.
              Hope to hear form you soon, Yall would have a great time a shoot lots of hogs.

Comment

Wow, it pays to ask questions!!

Comment

Another vote for the Diamond C......simply the best.

Comment

Keith Johns all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of pigs and some huge monster boars!!!

Comment

had some great experience at cherokee hog hunts in san saba. took my 5yr old and saw lots of hogs. people will really work to help u have a good experience

Comment

I have never been to Diamond C, but all I hear is good things...Where I have been is Hunt N' Shoot in Chester...That place is awesome and I have always killed my hogs...I also heard (might be a rumor) but they have a special going right now that is 7 hogs under 70 pounds for $200....check it out

Comment

Working...
                        X