New STI 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New STI 2011

Just got my first STI handgun. It's the 4 inch tactical lite 2011 with threaded barrel. Ive taken it out the past 2 weekends, and to my surprise it doesn't run very well. I've tried 2 different factory rounds, and suppressed/unsuppressed. I've got a couple full mags through with no issues, but most mags have had issues. fail to feed/ fail to eject combinations.

So, after doing a little bit of research, it appears that STI "mag tuning" is a very common thing to get these guns to run. You can buy kits to help tune them or you can purchase pre tuned magazines for $120-150.

For the most part, it seems that people are generally OK with this. I, for one, am really disappointed that a $2300 pistol doesn't run flawlessly out of the box with the supplied magazines. If 75% of glocks had to be tinkered with to run correctly, they would go out of business. But, people still swear by their STI's. Maybe the "race gun" crowd is more forgiving? But, this is a "tactical" model, and I can't imagine a lot of room for an unreliable pistol in the tactical market.

So, are my only options: 1)figure out how to tune my mags 2)buy tuned magazines and hope they work?

Any 2011 guys out there have this problem?

forgot to mention that it is chambered in 9mm

Comment

I'd contact STI and send it back. Their customer service is second to none in my experience...I own 5, one 2011 and 4 1911's. All have run flawlessly out of the box. You shouldn't be having those issues.

Comment

I think what most people are referring to online is over time the throat opens up and you need to reset it. Dawson's sells a jig. As far as springs and followers, they get kind of crazy about their set up.

Your factory 2011 mags should function out of the box. Call STI.

Comment

I work at STI. Please PM me your contact info. Your mags should work 100% from the factory. Your mags and Guns have a no BS lifetime warranty. I will take care of you ASAP. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We back our products and will make this right!

Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by Ecoboost View Post
            I work at STI. Please PM me your contact info. Your mags should work 100% from the factory. Your mags and Guns have a no BS lifetime warranty. I will take care of you ASAP. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We back our products and will make this right!

Dustin
            Good dude and one of the reasons I'm an STI customer!

Comment

Originally posted by texasnavy05 View Post
              Just got my first STI handgun. It's the 4 inch tactical lite 2011 with threaded barrel. Ive taken it out the past 2 weekends, and to my surprise it doesn't run very well. I've tried 2 different factory rounds, and suppressed/unsuppressed. I've got a couple full mags through with no issues, but most mags have had issues. fail to feed/ fail to eject combinations.

So, after doing a little bit of research, it appears that STI "mag tuning" is a very common thing to get these guns to run. You can buy kits to help tune them or you can purchase pre tuned magazines for $120-150.

For the most part, it seems that people are generally OK with this. I, for one, am really disappointed that a $2300 pistol doesn't run flawlessly out of the box with the supplied magazines. If 75% of glocks had to be tinkered with to run correctly, they would go out of business. But, people still swear by their STI's. Maybe the "race gun" crowd is more forgiving? But, this is a "tactical" model, and I can't imagine a lot of room for an unreliable pistol in the tactical market.

So, are my only options: 1)figure out how to tune my mags 2)buy tuned magazines and hope they work?

Any 2011 guys out there have this problem?

PM sent.

Comment

well, that is quite the customer sevice! im realizing that i kinda came across as a jack@ss in my post. and i certainly am not looking for a handout. the thing is, it is a really nice gun and i want it to run. but, there are tons of threads about people tuning these mags to run and it kinda seemed to me like it was just sorta accepted.

anybody on the fence should certainly have no doubts about the customer service though!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that that's cleared up...when can we start placing orders for the 2017 double-stack 38 Super TBH edition?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                    Now that that's cleared up...when can we start placing orders for the 2017 double-stack 38 Super TBH edition?
                    Boom!!

Comment

Oooooooohhhhhhhh man!!!! I'm so in on this!!! Hurry up and take my money!!

Comment

I'm in on this one. Just shut up and take my money!

Comment

I'm in...

Originally Posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Take my money too!

Comment

Let's your gun!

Comment

Working...
                            X