• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad they got to go. Semper Fi

Comment

Wow!

Comment

UPDATE.....

I got some text messages from my hometown buddy that is married into that ranch. He's saying that it's totally wrong that I posted this thread about that ranch and what happened. I just posted exactly what happened.

At first he says that the corporate party was cancelled due to the roads being too wet and not drivable so that is the reason the WW Hunt and the Corporate Party was cancelled. After hearing that I said the WW Hunt was still bumped at the last second due to the Corporate thing...

Then he says he didn't give me the full reason why the WW Hunt was cancelled, and it was due to the roads.

Honestly, my gut feeling tells me that the owner didn't like the fact that I put this up about the ordeal and is back stepping... The hometown friend said that it was all his fault and not the ranches.... Personally I think if it was the roads, then I can understand that and would reschedule if possible... Not give some song and dance about a "Corporate Party scheduled that weekend and they had to honor it."...

Anyway, I'm over it and not holding any grudges against my buddy or ranch. He said that he didn't think it would be a big deal about cancelling and that's why he didn't tell me the "whole truth"... So, I don't know what to believe. Something just tells me that the first excuse is the right one. I guide night hunts and this was setup with the WWP through my company name so of course it wasn't a big deal to them, but my name was on that. So you can understand how there was no way I was going to cancel on those Marines.

Regardless, this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I doubt I would schedule the same.

The ranch owner is breathing down my buddy's back to get this thread whacked, but who knows what's what. I'm not trashing a place, and I only told things as they happened and what was said to me.

I just thought I would post this update and let people know, and you all can take it as it is... There's two things about people that I can't stand and that's a liar and a thief.

Comment

Tell them to put on their big boy panties, make a profile & "defend" their bunk actions. Obviously if roads were the real problem, that would have been stated. Everyone understands unsafe road conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
            Tell them to put on their big boy panties, make a profile & "defend" their bunk actions. Obviously if roads were the real problem, that would have been stated. Everyone understands unsafe road conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post

I would of totally understood if I was told that off the bat. I know that vehicles really jack up the road if wet and can make things unsafe.

I head back Jan 22nd and just wish I had more time to do another hunt for the WWP.

I am headed down towards Freer mañana for my last chance at a wall hanger!

Comment

BT, thank you for what you are doing to help the WWP. Semper Fi!

Comment

To me it sounds like someone is learning the power of 1 man (in today's new cyber age) and that maybe you should honor your word. I can tell you this, I have never served (I blew my knee up in high school), but I would bend over backwards to help those that have. I think this ranch owner seen the big $$$ an tried to have it all. unless he
                  "put on their big boy panties, make a profile & "defend" their bunk actions" I will never hunt with him.

Glad you guys found a decent ranch and had good time. I wish you would have got on to a bunch of "8's", but I also hope the 1st ranch feels this for some time.

Comment

Post up a link to the buddys place that let the men hunt

Sound like he needs some more business

Comment

This is just a guess but it looks to me like the ranch got a paying offer from a corporate group and decided to take the money instead of honoring their word. Then the Good lord spoiled their Corporate party too.

If it had been about the roads, the rancher would have been on the phone with you working out a time to reschedule.

Don't be hard on your buddy. he is catching it from both sides and it appears he was trying to do the right thing. Now he is eating dirt and taking the blame to keep the peace. That's the kind of guy I want for a buddy.
                      Last edited by GarGuy; 01-10-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I am glad they ended up having a good time.

Comment

This post is a little "Ready, Fire, Aim"....

I have personally known Scott and his family for a long time, and have been in contact with them since all of this happened. When I first saw the OP's posts on 2coolfishing I knew there had to be more to the story than what was being provided. Again, being that I know the owners, I reached out to them and asked what the hell was going on.

It's not necessarily my place to be delivering PR statements on behalf of the ranch, but I can say that your buddy is not giving you all of the details and there is a reason he isn't...

No profile has been made on the Green Screen because they can't keep up with all the posts on the different forums the story has made its way onto. Now that they are aware TBH has been infected with the virus, the "big boy panties" are being put on.

I don't fault you at all for feeling the way that you did. Heck, I was even a little upset when I first heard about it. However I knew that that wasn't the owner's character, and was certain that there had to me more to the story than what was being broadcasted.

Sucks that such a cool place got smeared as a result of the "Telephone Game."

"Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you read."
                          Last edited by Bowz&Towz; 01-13-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Give us all the details then????

Comment

Originally posted by Bowz&Towz View Post
                              This post is a little "Ready, Fire, Aim"....

I have personally known Scott and his family for a long time, and have been in contact with them since all of this happened. When I first saw the OP's posts on 2coolfishing I knew there had to be more to the story than what was being provided. Again, being that I know the owners, I reached out to them and asked what the hell was going on.

It's not necessarily my place to be delivering PR statements on behalf of the ranch, but I can say that your buddy is not giving you all of the details and there is a reason he isn't...

No profile has been made on the Green Screen because they can't keep up with all the posts on the different forums the story has made its way onto. Now that they are aware TBH has been infected with the virus, the "big boy panties" are being put on.

I don't fault you at all for feeling the way that you did. Heck, I was even a little upset when I first heard about it. However I knew that that wasn't the owner's character, and was certain that there had to me more to the story than what was being broadcasted.

Sucks that such a cool place got smeared as a result of the "Telephone Game."

"Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you read."
                              Time someone filled us in. TBH is one of the biggest, if not the biggest site in Texas for this love we call hunting. If they want to clear the air, they can come on here and do it.

Comment

... And now, the rest of the story...

Comment

Working...
                                X