Fletching clearance Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching clearance Issues

I have a Hoyt CRX32 and have been having some problems getting the fletchings to clear the shelf without the glancing off of the riser/ shelf. I use the QAD drop away rest and it doesn't seem to be getting in the way since it doesn't show any Fletching marks. I have tried to move the rest out but then I run into the problem with tuning since the string doesn't line up correctly. It just seems to me like the shelf is almost to small for blazer vanes. Just wondering if anyone had ever had this problem with their bow and if there is some solution that maybe I have not tried yet.

Thanks.

Go back to 4" vanes. Most 4" vanes are a lower profile (.5") than blazers(.6").

Comment

Good advice. actually never even thought to change my fletchings and focused solely on my rig. Any brand recommendations?

Comment

Set your center shot to 3/4" from the riser and yoke tune your bow. You might have to make very small adjustments to the rest for broad head tuning, but adjusting the yokes will give you perfect arrow flight and plenty of clearance to shoot Blazers. It's a tuning issue, not a vane issue!!!

Comment

I had that problem too with my crx35 I got a limb driver and it solved it. It has more left and right adjustment for centershot.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
            I had that problem too with my crx35 I got a limb driver and it solved it. It has more left and right adjustment for centershot.
            Beat me too it. I see more clearance issues with qad/ripcord than anything. Well. Except a Whisker Biscuit.

Comment

Originally posted by techunter View Post
              Set your center shot to 3/4" from the riser and yoke tune your bow. You might have to make very small adjustments to the rest for broad head tuning, but adjusting the yokes will give you perfect arrow flight and plenty of clearance to shoot Blazers. It's a tuning issue, not a vane issue!!!
              I'm going to have to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                Ya but he is hitting the shelf which would indicate a tuning issue, wouldn't it?

Comment

It's more than likly hitting that rubber dampening material like mine was with a qad. The same guy who tuned my bow with the qad tuned it with the limb driver. Like I said I could set up a great centershot due to the fact imthere wasn't enough wind age adjustment in the qad. Due to the rubber dampening in the shelf. But the limb driver eliminated all my rest problems.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Thanks for the help. I will look into the limbdriver rests and try to make some adjustments to try and solve the problem.

Comment

Do you have to spacer for your qad. It's a plastic spacer. That might help.

Comment

I am not sure what you mean by a spacer. It is a pretty old QAD it had the cloth pads,instead of the rubber, ones that peeled off after a bit of shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by glpoe1 View Post
                            Ya but he is hitting the shelf which would indicate a tuning issue, wouldn't it?
                            Yes, its a qad issue that can be fixed. But it's a royal pain in the ***.

Comment

They might not have sent the spacer with it then. Mine had one come with it

Comment

Working...
                              X