Mathews HeliM folks step in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mathews HeliM folks step in...

My neighbor hunts with a PSE but he's really considering buying the new HeliM.. Any complaints about the HeliM? Thank you..

Originally posted by HoundDog View Post
    My neighbor hunts with a PSE but he's really considering buying the new HeliM.. Any complaints about the HeliM? Thank you..
    Shoot it. Love it. Have seen a couple of comments that there's "no valley". I don't notice that.

I'm trying to buy another as a back up!

Comment

Originally posted by mmcan View Post
      Shoot it. Love it. Have seen a couple of comments that there's "no valley". I don't notice that.

I'm trying to buy another as a back up!
      Have one and love it. Not as fast as my Reezen 6.5 was but not nearly as difficult to draw either. With my bad shoulder that is a big plus.

Not much of a valley but it does not try to jump out of your hand either. Some hand vibration because it is so light but a good dampening stab and all is good. Through some monkey tails on it and it gets quiet too.

Comment

It's not the smoothest draw but it's a shooter. It's the only Mathews I ever owned and I liked it. Kinda wish I'd have kept it but I wanted 50-60# limbs.

Comment

He can get one with a large or small draw stop, hopefully he can shoot it both ways to get the best feel for the bow (the small one has a little more valley than the large one has)

Comment

I love mine. It does have a short valley. But man mine shoots good

Comment

I personally like the ZXT better. That's why I bought my ZXT. But nothing wrong with the Helim!

Comment

Nothing wrong with it but tell him to shoot the creed xs and the chill r all three are great bows

Comment

Love mine.

Comment

My problem with the Heli-m is my son took it and I'm forced to shoot my Creed

Comment

I had it but couldn't get over the hand shock.. Ended up selling it and buying a z7x..i also didn't like how they made it weigh whatever it is.. Looks like they shaved the riser down and put a cheap rod for the roller guides.. It was nice having a bow the weighed nothing but I had a little trouble holding it steady.. I wasn't a fan of the wall either.. Not trying to bash it but everything I didn't like was all personal preference..

Comment

I really like mine. I have been killing a few hogs lately and my 60lb. Helim has been working great. Been having a little problem with a creaking sound on the draw though. She's going back to the shop after hunting season.

Comment

The helim is nice. But, I'd say the creed is a better bow of you want single cam. If dual cam suits you, try out the chill or chill r

Comment

Thanks fellas.. He ended up getting the HeliM and after giving me a hard time about my ZXT he had to take his bow back because it was making a Creeking noise on the draw. The shop told him that had he shot it a few more times it probably would have snapped. It does seem to shoot fast @ 70lbs though.. Good lookin bow to say the least

Comment

Originally posted by HoundDog View Post
                              Thanks fellas.. He ended up getting the HeliM and after giving me a hard time about my ZXT he had to take his bow back because it was making a Creeking noise on the draw. The shop told him that had he shot it a few more times it probably would have snapped. It does seem to shoot fast @ 70lbs though.. Good lookin bow to say the least
                              I find this interesting since mine has also been making a creaking sound about halfway into the draw cycle.. Do you know what they had to do to your friends Helim?

Comment

Working...
                              X