Peep Rotation????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peep Rotation????????????

I just got a 2011 Destroyer 350 and had it set up,after one shot it was shooting bullet holes thru paper,anyhow I took it out last week to shoot and after the first shot the peep and D-loop rotated to the right,and before every shot I had to try an twist them both back around,My question is what caused this??? And to fix it what needs to be done?? Press the bow and take some twist outta the string??? Sorry still a rookie at messing with my bow,and feel more comfortable taking it to a pro,but was just wonderign what caused the twist in peep???? Thanks for any and all input......Brian

Take it back and let them correct it. New bow the string most likely stretched . No big deal it will take two seconds to fix.

Comment

Thx Hog,but its not a new string,its the orginal one(not sure on how many shots on it)..can I get it to last thru season and put a new string after season?? Or should I go ahead and geta new string now????.....Brian

Comment

Good post. My xtreme having same problem. Thx!

Comment

Go to a pro shop and have them reset you peep. I just had this done.

Comment

kewl looks like I will have to go see Jim at Alvarado archery and let him mess with it.......

Comment

Same thing on my Z7 Extreme after shooting it a few times after getting it last season... I've just been twisting it before shots. Bow Shop is kinda far from me...

Comment

Head up to the shop and let them take it completely off the bow and place agee twist in it.
                Shoot it several time and reinstall your peep sight.

Comment

good answers guys keep them coming....THANKS PY will do........

Comment

my wife's peep was turning on her and we had the bow shop fix it. took about a minute to fix. worth it though. twisted peep can cause you to shoot off target.

Comment

I had a bow in the other day with all of a sudden peep rotation problems, so I twisted the string, rotated the loop, and peep would not stay put.
                      Out of curiosity, I took the center serving off, and sure enough, there was 4-5 broken strands at nock point.
                      Have your tech check this.

Comment

Originally posted by XTBrian View Post
                        Thx Hog,but its not a new string,its the orginal one(not sure on how many shots on it)..can I get it to last thru season and put a new string after season?? Or should I go ahead and geta new string now????.....Brian
                        With not knowing how many shots on this string, just to be on the safe side I would ( jmo) go ahead and replace the string and keep the old one for a back up. I wouldnt chance it.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                          I had a bow in the other day with all of a sudden peep rotation problems, so I twisted the string, rotated the loop, and peep would not stay put.
                          Out of curiosity, I took the center serving off, and sure enough, there was 4-5 broken strands at nock point.
                          THANKS Richard will do...

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                            Yup that was my first thought.. If all the sudden an older string does this, it most often means something is broke... Time for a new set.

Comment

Peep rotation can drive you nuts on shorter axle to axle length bows if you have a long draw. Sometimes the extra twist it needs comes off the cams when you draw and sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X