Limbs for Mathews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limbs for Mathews

My limbs on my Mathews Z-Max cracked while on bow press. How much do replacement limbs cost? Also I am new to bow hunting can I put longer limbs on to increase draw length? And finally does anyone have any for sale, or can you direct me to a reputable dealer somewhere between Houston and Beaumont ?

New limbs are in the $200 range. Longer limbs will not change the draw length. That is done by the cams. It would take a different set of cams or modules to change the draw length. There are a lot of good shops in the Houston area that could fix you up.

Comment

I would contact Mathews and ask if they warrenty those limbs. I have heard they will. Which press were you using?

Comment

Not sure what limbs you need...I have an extra set of black 70lb limbs for my Z7 I would sell you if they would work.

Comment

Just curious, what type of press?

Comment

If you're the original owner, they mathews should replace them for you.

Comment

Robert is in Dayton.....Great bow shop: Triple Edge Archery

He can answer all your questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                If you're the original owner, they mathews should replace them for you.
                ...and if you are not try to figure out who the original owner is and where he bought it from and take it there for warranty work. Had this situation a few years ago. My dad bought a used Mathews off a guy 10 years ago or so and around 2007 upgraded to a new bow. Old Mathews ended up having limb damage from sitting in a non climate controlled storage unit during the summer. We got in touch with the guy he bought it from and he told us he got it at R&C Archery in Clute. I took it to The Bowzone in Humble and told them the original owners name and the name of the shop he bought it at and a couple weeks later I had new limbs. Only cost me $10 for labor to The Bowzone.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  New limbs are in the $200 range. Longer limbs will not change the draw length. That is done by the cams. It would take a different set of cams or modules to change the draw length. There are a lot of good shops in the Houston area that could fix you up.
                  some limb systems do increase draw length. A good example is Hoyts long draw models. Same cam as the other models but different limbs to give you the extra length.

Comment

Take it to the shop you bought it from and they should warranty it

Comment

Working...
                    X