Broadhead Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    I disagree with this because I like to shoot the biggest cutting broadhead I can for what I'm hunting and get a pass through, so while my 2 3/4 inch vortex blows right through deer it doesn't do so well with big boars so I use a Magnus stinger on hogs. Heck even my Magnus and FMJ's generally don't get a pass though on hogs over 260#. Now you could say find something that you are confident in killing a big boar with and it will do the job on a deer too. Here is a video of a 310# boar I killed using a Magnus Stinger and a FMJ arrow. Notice the lack of penatration, Had enough to get both lungs but don't think I would have if I was using a big cutting diameter broadhead like I use for deer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO
    This^^^^^

Comment

gone...that's wild! I would have thought that combo would penetrate way better.

Thanks for sharing...

Comment

It's a great combo but big boars are tough and very difficult to get a pass through even with a perfect shot because of there armor plate. The boar in the video had a 1 inch armor plate and when the armor plate gets that big it really knocks down your penetration.

Comment

Working...
        X