Covert Code Black issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert Code Black issues

Last week I received my 2015 Code Black and got it set up everything was working great on it. I put it on a tree in the yard to test it out. All good, I received a dozen or so picture texts. I removed it that night and brought it in the house.

Well today I hung it on a tree in front of my feeder at the lease and the dang thing would not send any pictures.... Grrrr. I fooled with it for over an hour. I was ******. It had full service per the bars in the top right of the screen. Brand new batteries and had not toughed the memory card. It is taking pictures and saving to the card, just won't send pics.

Any pointers or tips/help. I might be selling this and getting 3 more Brownings. I have not had a single problem with them.

*and yes the sim card is activated until December 26th.

Have you tried sending a test pic? Use the photo button from the main screen to take a photo, press the play button to preview it, press menu while the preview is still up, pick send from the options there to test the send function. It should go through 10 steps and say successful. See if it fails or not. Also double check your phone number is still stored, the send settings on the Net tab is set to instant, and maybe try another number just in case. Thats what I would try at least.
    Last edited by BSOB; 10-04-2015, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that when I get out of the stand later this morning.

Comment

Good info, my camera arrived Friday and after setup it taking pictures but not sending.

I went through the manual send function described above and after step 10 received a network busy response. At least I know what to tell them when I call for help tomorrow.

Comment

The problem is with the IMEI number. Find an at&t store that has someone that knows what they are doing.
          The lady at our canton store is great.
          Her name is Lacresha (sp). 903-567-7000 is the store number.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Drop View Post
            The problem is with the IMEI number. Find an at&t store that has someone that knows what they are doing.
            The lady at our canton store is great.
            Her name is Lacresha (sp). 903-567-7000 is the store number.
            Is that possible? haha

Comment

Make sure the Camera Mode option is set to instant. Sometimes they lose there mind if they have been shutoff to long or the batteries removed.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
                Make sure the Camera Mode option is set to instant. Sometimes they lose there mind if they have been shutoff to long or the batteries removed.
                This.... And, make sure that the max number is set to zero too. I think it defaults to 10 and if that's the case it will quit sending pics after 10.

Comment

Originally posted by dustinztx View Post
                  This ^^^^^^^

Comment

Thanks guys. It appears to be intermittently working right now. It seems to be getting much better cell signal with cloud coverage. Im getting pictures throughout the day when there is cloud coverage. When its clear skies, not a single picture is being transmitted.

I purchased an external extender antenna so hopefully that will fix the problem some.

Ill post results next week once I get the new antenna installed.

Comment

Working...
                    X