Going Home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Home!

I have lived here in Virginia for the past 27 years. My wife and I both retired from civilian positions with the US Navy where we were involved in ship repair. I have 2 brothers down in NC where I do most of my hunting on family land. I have 22 acres down there, which adjoins my brothers' and sisters' land, part of the old family farm.

This weekend I was down there and started the process to have the land surveyed out. The next step will be to start the process of putting in a well and septic system. I figure that by next spring I will be ready to start on the house.

I haven't lived in that area since I graduated from high school in 1965. They say that you can never go home again, but I'm going to prove them wrong. My brother is my best hunting buddy, and I have several friends in that area that I hunt with.

Congrats!

Comment

Home is where the heart is brother glad you're moving back close to your family and friends

Comment

Good for you, Phillip! When you were telling me all about your place, it really sounded like "home" to me!

Bisch

Comment

Sounds great, Congrats!

Comment

What a wonderful thing to be able to do! I wish you the best and many happy days in the woods with your family!

J.P.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Good for you my friend

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on the move home

Comment

It's really hard to go home again if you've severed all connections for an extended period. You haven't so it shouldn't be all that difficult. Hope it's everything you think it will be and better.

Comment

Working...
                      X