No announcement yet.

best turkey gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 870 express thumbhole turkey..... awesome gun that can reach out and touch 'em. I personally prefer using a 10 gauge, but thats just me.

Comment

I personally prefer a 10 gauge, but as far as 12 gauge, its hard to beat the winchester 870 super express thumbhole turkey. It will reach out and touch 'em.

Kody

Comment

I own the Mosberg 835 ultimag. Comes in camo with 4 chokes. The full choke patterns great out to 65 yards with #4 3.5 in mag Federal premiums. I took a monster tom out at 60 yards last year with it. He dropped like a rock.

It makes a great duck gun as well. Also you can get a slug barrel for it and use those Hornady slugs out to 200yards. Not a bad investment.

The Rem is the same..but I think Mossberg is cheaper and I like the 2 pins on the barrel. It comes ported also.

Comment

I have been shooting my Rem. 870 for over 10 years with a Kicks gobling thunder choke and 3'' mag federal premium 4 shot turkey load and it produces 25'' groups at 40 yards and have taken 6 birds out at this distance. The hole rig cost about 375 dollars. This is also my waterfowl gun just switch to a kicks high fligher choke and its done.

Comment

remington 870 with a pattern master choke tube

Comment

What about a benelli nova? I see them listed for $450 which is in my price range. Should I get the tukey version or the field version with a turkey choke?

Comment

was waiting for someone to ask about a nova, that must be a super nova cause a nova is about a 100 less, i have one thats brand new that i havent shot yet but have used them in the past(reason i bought one) its a great all around gun, if you want one for duck/bird/turkey/whatever go for it, there ugly in my opinion but you will not break it and it will not rust....very good quality gun for the money and comes with 3 chokes

Comment

the black nova is about $350, the camo version is about $440.

Comment

I use a 12 ga 3"under with a 223 over for yotes if I see one.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                      17 HMR, kills em dead. Your good from 0-100 yards.

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                      .17 isnt that a rim fire? big no-no
                      Actually, it isn't a rimfire

and another actually, you can hunt turkeys with a rimfire if you so choose.

Comment

Comment

didnt think about the extra for camo, i would say a nova is a good choice

Comment

870 express super mag in camo. 26 inch barrel and screw in chokes. i bought mine at wally world about 4 years ago and did not come close to spending $500. personally I would not buy a Mossberg, but to each his own.

Comment

All of my friends shoot 870's. I have a Browning that is pretty much the same gun except smoother, more refined, and lighter. On the other side though 870 accessories are everywhere.

Comment

My setup is a Mossberg 835 camo with a Carlson's super full choke shooting Winchester Supreme 3.5in #5. It is alot lighter than the Remington pump and will roll any bird inside of 50 yards. The whole rig + ammo should cost around $450.

Comment

Working...
                                X