"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by disturbingiraq View Post
    hi guys im stationed at fort hood. i have never been hog hunting. now i know where granger lake is does this public land surround granger lake. and dont worry im deployed till next year sometime so you wont have to worry about a dumb rookie messing up your spot just been reading and im curious
    When you get back from deployment let us know I would be happy to show you around out there!!

Comment

A little rain would really help the stalking at Granger.

Comment

I hunted Pecan Grove from 4:30 PM until 6:59 on Monday. Wind at the parking area was out of the east, but switched to out of the south over the next hour. Stalked and glassed (mostly silently) along the power line easement 50 yards west of checkpoint VI until sundown, then set up overwatching a game trail along the engineered channel, northeast of checkpoint VI. The trail came out of a thicket and headed north, down to the water. Stayed there until the end of legal hours.

Nothing seen or heard.

Comment

Paintman; to get to #6 do you drive farther down the raod instead of turning into #7?

Pecan Grove looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
            Paintman; to get to #6 do you drive farther down the raod instead of turning into #7?

Pecan Grove looks good.
            ya sort of,you really need your book with the map cuz theres alot of turns from 7 till 4 and alot of hunting in between

Comment

Can't make it easy can they. I'll probably float/paddle down to #6 next trip and hunt the flats.

Comment

Ok I need some help. I ahve been out there a couple times now with out any luck. The closest I ahve come to anything is finding a decent wallow a couple weeks ago and all the dead hogs in the pecan grove. I was out this morning in the area of gate 6, checkpoint IV and V. tried sitting, tried stalking. Snuck up on some cows, suprised a orange cat and got close enough to soem squirrels to hit em with a rock. but no hogs. I would love to be able to go out there with someone who knows the area. Leave me a message if you can assist.

Comment

You guys that live near Granger just don't realize how good you have it. It's 2+ hours drive to #7 from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Mels Soldier View Post
                    Ok I need some help. I ahve been out there a couple times now with out any luck. The closest I ahve come to anything is finding a decent wallow a couple weeks ago and all the dead hogs in the pecan grove. I was out this morning in the area of gate 6, checkpoint IV and V. tried sitting, tried stalking. Snuck up on some cows, suprised a orange cat and got close enough to soem squirrels to hit em with a rock. but no hogs. I would love to be able to go out there with someone who knows the area. Leave me a message if you can assist.
                    I just got back from the Granger Ranger Extreme Hunt and I will be traveling for the next couple of weeks but as soon as I get back I would be happy to show you around out there!!
                    in the meantime you can hook up with Paintman,Crod888 or HillCountryBowhunter and I'm sure they will help they are all good guys and know alot about granger!
                    good luck and I will contact you when I get back from traveling..

Comment

Well, lets hear it.
                      I had to go out of town this month so I wasn't able to go to the Granger Ranger Hunt. I was checking this tonight to hoping to read some interesting storys about it. Nothing so far.

Comment

Gsxrman; PM Sent.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
                          I just got back from the Granger Ranger Extreme Hunt and I will be traveling for the next couple of weeks but as soon as I get back I would be happy to show you around out there!!
                          in the meantime you can hook up with Paintman,Crod888 or HillCountryBowhunter and I'm sure they will help they are all good guys and know alot about granger!
                          good luck and I will contact you when I get back from traveling..
                          absolutely. I go out of town frequently for my job, but when here can always find time to be shown around granger.

Comment

No kidding.. Where are the pics of all the dead hogs from this weekend?

I was out of town also.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              No kidding.. Where are the pics of all the dead hogs from this weekend?

I was out of town also.
                              we didnt kill any hogs

Comment

I really thought that you guys would have wacked a bunch of Porkers for sure!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X