2016 Covert camera issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Covert camera issue

Moved my new 2016 covert to my deer lease from my pig property and I'm having problems with logging in at my favorite . I have four bars of signal with my booster antenna and I am still not able to login. Why?? In December Skinny spent three days here and was able to get his 2016 covert to login and send us pictures from the same blind with no issues at the cabin. He was using the regular stick antenna and had 20% signal or one bar. I also tried the store/stock antenna and got two bars and still I get login fail. 4 bars and login fail with booster.

I have tried formatting the SD, setting everything back to default. Updating firmware that was already updated yada yada yada. Nothing has helped

Anybody have any direction they can send me to salvage this so that I can leave my camera here at my best deer and turkey blind after a 5 hour **** drive?[emoji35][emoji35]

I'm just widening if Nick got an coon traps set out during all the bitchin?

Comment

I set mine up yesterday and it's not sending pics. Had signal when I left but no pics yet. Hope it's not an issue with covert.

Comment

Jack did it shown to log on?

Comment

2016 Covert camera issue

Last edited by Smart; 02-25-2017, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Smart, I had a Sim Card go bad last year. Mine was doing the same thing. Replaced and problem solved. This has also happened to other lease members. I think the heat might wear on them.
            Last edited by Reel Screamer; 02-25-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Only thing I can think of is to be sure camera send mode is set to "instant". Mine switches to off when the batteries die and I replace them. May try calling covert monday morning if nothing else works.

Comment

Use to have a covert that did the same thing. What I did was kept pulling SIM card out and re-installing and it finally connected. Took 4 or 5 times.

Good Luck!

Comment

2016 Covert camera issue

I asked and advice I got was to check your account and make sure it was paid and active if you have not. That or SIM card issue as stated above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Camera is 1 month old, still has 2 months on current contract. Hasn't been in heat yet. Ran fine at pig lease for month.

It connects at my other deer lease blind here with 2 bars so I would assume it's not the sim right?. Will not connect at this blind with 4 on booster antenna or 2 bars on stock antenna.[emoji35][emoji35]

Comment

Smart, I've been considering trying one of these cameras.
                      What is a avg cost on contract for one and how long is contract time ?
                      Thanks for any help on this you can give me

Comment

2016 Covert camera issue

It's not really a contract since it's prepaid.. but I pay $34 for 3 months and get 35000 pics.. renewable every three months.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Camera is 1 month old, still has 2 months on current contract. Hasn't been in heat yet. Ran fine at pig lease for month.

It connects at my other deer lease blind here with 2 bars so I would assume it's not the sim right?. Will not connect at this blind with 4 on booster antenna or 2 bars on stock antenna.[emoji35][emoji35]

Sounds to me like you're getting 2 bars of good signal at the one spot and 4 bars of crap at the other. Is that even possible?

Comment

One did the other didn't in the same area. Only had two bars so not sure. Figured it was enough to send

Comment

I may get a booster antenna but the last time I had one it didn't help at all with the older models.

Comment

Working...
                              X