Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Baker 3 ranch... Pop up, lean up, hang on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Baker 3 ranch... Pop up, lean up, hang on?

Hello,

My son and I are hunting the Baker 3 Ranch for the first time this Oct 2nd -4th. We have never been to or known anyone to hunt the ranch. I have heard good things, so this is our once a year pay hunt.

The website doesn't have a lot of pictures so I was curious as to what kind of stands to take with me... We have one pop up... and it's going for sure.

For you guys that have hunted it before, Should I get another pop up for my son? The trees in the limited pictures look tough for a hang on? What about a lean up ladder stand?

Curious what your thoughts are.

Also, any help with pastures / areas would be great!

Thanks

Pop-up will be your best bet. If you have one of those lite tripods that you can just trow up that would work to. Not to many trees to put a leaner on. We also made our own ground blinds.

Hunt the new pasture, that is where I hunted last time and there were more whitetails then you could shake a stick at.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

There are trees big enough there for loc-ons. I hunted axis there last June and killed one from a pop-up and one frome a game tamer!

Comment

Make sure you CAN hunt the new pastures...the last 2 times I've gone they have had "special" rules for the new pastures that they didn't post on the website. The first time it was a $2000 kill fee on whitetails over 8pts and this spring it was no blackbucks in the new pastures.

That being said, I still had a good time. I'd hunt a well covered leaning stand against a large oak tree in the creek bottoms....on a busy trail. Good luck.

Comment

Hey Bdog and passthrough... Thanks for the advice. Also, Pasthrough.... How do you like that game tamer? Do you have the 24" or 30" ?? Can you stand up on it to rest the ol' butt muscle?

Thanks

Comment

I say bring all three, I am when I go in June.

Comment

I have the bigger model . And yes there is plenty of room to stand up and stretch. Best stand on the market IMO...so long as you dont have to pack them great distances!

Comment

Working...
              X