Lincoln Ranch or First Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lincoln Ranch or First Point

Just wondering if any of yall have had success at either place. Thoughts on both. The good and the bad please

Originally posted by KevBow View Post
    Just wondering if any of yall have had success at either place. Thoughts on both. The good and the bad please
    Never been to either but a friend of mine has been to the Lincoln several times and really, really likes it. I'm not sure if he's taken any deer from there but I know he's had the opportunity several times and has told me that they've got some good bucks on the ranch. He said the facilities are very nice as well and that he will definately go back when he has the time to. The last couple of seasons he's been going to CO bow hunting elk, West TX for Mulies, and then has a lease West of Amistad so he didn't have any extra weekends to book.

Comment

I have never been to the Lincoln. I hear alot of good things if you can get dates. I hunt Firstpoint and will continue to go back as long as they are running hunts. I have had some success there takeing a 141" 8 point and a 128" 8 point

Comment

Lincoln is nice, its a big place and the deer all looked very healthy. The facilities aren't the Waldolf, but they have AC, showers, a kitchen and BBQ pits, everythig you need for the weekend, and are pretty good for the price you pay for the hunt. Do a search on here for Lincoln and First Point and you should find a lot of material on both.

Comment

I've heard good things about both. I have a friend who's been hunting the Lincoln for along time and continues to go back every year. Last year he shot a deer that went in the 160's and one in the 140's. I've also heard good things about First Point and don't think you'll go wrong with either place.

Comment

I'm booking at First point this year. I haven't found one bad report. Mike and Nancy seem like great people and will answer any questions you have if you contact them.

Comment

I have been to both places. Lincoln has better accomodations, but both places will give you an opportunity to harvest a really nice buck. You have to hunt smart though!!!

Comment

Couldn't find a price on "First Point"...anyone know what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by stick_string View Post
                  Couldn't find a price on "First Point"...anyone know what it is?
                  It is $150 per day with a two day minimum. I would go at the very least for 3 days but 4-5 is better.

Comment

Working...
                  X