hog skinning rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hog skinning rack

I built this for skinning hogs. It is much nicer that trying to skin a hog hanging upside down.(especially when your a big guy like me having to bend down to do the skiining. Here, the you lay the hog on his back between the two runs of angle iron. Then, there is one guy on each side skinning his way down to the back. Once you hit the angle iron, pick the hog up by his back legs and skin the rest of the back off. I know it sounds confusing but I'll get pics of our next hog being skint!

I have seen alot of folks who use something similar to this. I wish I had done this years ago.

Neat idea, that is great. Know what you mean about kneeling down to skin a hog. Not fun at all.

Comment

cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Excellent idea Nate!

Comment

I saw something similar a couple of weeks ago at a hunt in S. Texas. The guy had two angle iron pieces about 4 feet long welded to a stand that was just under waist high. On the angle iron, he had mounted 2 2X6 boards, with the angle iron angled inward. I assume this was to help keep the animal in place (centered between the boards). I watched him skin and clean several hogs and a couple of deer and it sure seemed much faster and easier than hanging the animal up from its rear legs or head.

Comment

Kusch down at Carta Valley had one of these but it had wheels at one end so you could roll it around.

Slick setup......might have to build one myself.

Comment

sweet idea

Comment

You need to go stick one so I can see this bad boy in action!!!

Comment

Looks Like It Would Save Some Time And Work. Cool Idea.

Comment

cool idea, thanks for sharing.

Comment

lets see some pics of it in action!!!!

Comment

How About Some Dimensions For The Best All Around Size Because I Kill All Different Size Hogs. But It Looks Great. Best Idea I've Seen In A While.

Comment

great ideal

Comment

Looks great, would also like to see it in action.

Comment

I can't see the pic here. I'm assuming this "rack" looks like a sawhorse? Can someone please post up some pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X