peep sight won't stay straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

peep sight won't stay straight

How do i fix this problem? will i need a bow press?

Probably need to add 1/2 twist or take 1/2 out of the string. "Training" the peep does not work. Also as your string stretches you may have to do this again.

Yes you will probably need a press.

Comment

What lodgepole said. Needs a twist

Comment

If it's not a 1/4 twist or more, you can try turning your D loop and tighten it down to correct the issue. (No press needed)

If it's more that a 1/4 turn, you'll probably need to twist or untwist. (Press needed)

Comment

how old is your string?

Comment

brand new

Comment

See the direction your peep us twisting and move your d loop the iposite.

Comment

I use a peep aligner along with my String Splitter Peep. Minor D-Loop adjustments for fine tuning. (temperature will cause a change in the peep alignment as well)

Major adjustments may require a twist or untwist.

Comment

I have never used a press to insert a peep, and i don't use one of those rubber tubes to set it straight either, they always pop off anyways. use a blunt, pointed, object to separate the fibers of the string, very carefully. it can be done without a press, but is a lot easier with i imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Soldier of C View Post
                    See the direction your peep us twisting and move your d loop the iposite.
                    the only problem with this i see, is that twist is still in the string when you pull back/release. so, it may impart some of that energy into the arrow, possibly causing imperfect forward momentum. same reason you don't want to knock an arrow at any degree other than 0 to straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                      I have never used a press to insert a peep, and i don't use one of those rubber tubes to set it straight either, they always pop off anyways. use a blunt, pointed, object to separate the fibers of the string, very carefully. it can be done without a press, but is a lot easier with i imagine.

The string needs to be removed from the cam and rotated (twisted).

Need a press.

You can rotate the D-loop but what a PITA. Just twist the string and solve the problem correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac... View Post
                        If it's not a 1/4 twist or more, you can try turning your D loop and tighten it down to correct the issue. (No press needed)

If it's more that a 1/4 turn, you'll probably need to twist or untwist. (Press needed)
                        Do this .... had the same issue and turned my D-loop, fixed the problem.

Comment

If you have silencers that split the string, like string leeches, you can slide the top silencer toward or away from the peep to rotate it slightly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            If you have silencers that split the string, like string leeches, you can slide the top silencer toward or away from the peep to rotate it slightly as well.
                            What Rat said. You can also install a speed nock and do the same thing.

Comment

Depending on the model of bow you have, you can use a relatively inexpensive press like this one. It's what I use for making adjustments at home.

Welcome to Lancaster Archery Supply, where you can shop the world leader in equipment for target archery, bowhunting, 3D archery, traditional archery and backyard archery. We’ve been serving archers since 1983 to meet all your archery equipment needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X