What's it worth ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's it worth ???

I have a 35mm Minolta Maxxum-5, that I bought several years ago when my son was in select babseball. I would like to upgrade to digital and just wondering what it's worth, or how much I could get on a trade-in. It probably has had less than 10 rolls of film through it, and is still in "like new" condition.

Also have a 75-300 zoom lens for it. Will this lens work on a digital camera?? As I would like to keep it if it will.

Thanks

I have a 10 year old Canon EOS Elan II. Nice camera at the time, worth about $100 now. I think that's probably what yours is worth as well.

Comment

Thanks Casey, I may go to Houston Camera Exchange just to see what I can get.

Comment

I have a Canon AE-1. 50mm lense. 28mm lense. 80-200 zoom lense. 500mm lense. Doubler. Hard case. Flash unit. - Put it all on ebay with a $50 minimum bid and got zero bids on it!

Trailboss

Comment

I have that camera, and lens combo, that is why I purchased a Sony digital SLR. Sony purchased Minolta. Depending on the lens you could look at going with a Sony Alpha camera and saving yourself from purchasing a lens. (one lens may not justify it) The camera itself I would guess to be worth 35-50. Do you have an external flash? Any other lenses? Are the lenses Minolta or Sigma? If you go with another type of camera let me know and I might purchase the lens from you as a backup.

Comment

No, I do not have an external flash. Besides the zoom lens, it has the stock lens that it came with and they are both Minolta.

Thanks for the suggestions !

Comment

Working...
            X