KAYAKS in Port Aransas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KAYAKS in Port Aransas

Trying to plan a 4day to Port A. We are going the second weekend of August. This will be the first time I've taken the yaks to the coast and first time I've been to Port A (went to Port O'Connor several times). Advice on tackle set up rod and reel combos (yaks in mind). Any and all pointers welcome.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If you wanting to fish inshore buy a new Hook-N-Line Upper Laguna Madre map. It has all the Yak launch spots marked on it.

Comment

Lighthouse Lakes and a bone or baby spec Super Spook Jr. I'd also have an 8 wt. handy.

Comment

Topwater, gold spoon, paddletail, and a popping cork with a gulp plastic is what I used and did decent. My best luck was around Wilson's cut (may not be open anymore after the Hurricane) and taking the ferry across and fishing Brown and Root Flat.

Comment

I currently have ZERO saltwater tackle as most all of my fishing is cat fish or sand bass when they are running. Gonna try to spread this cost out from now till august so it's not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
            I currently have ZERO saltwater tackle as most all of my fishing is cat fish or sand bass when they are running. Gonna try to spread this cost out from now till august so it's not as bad.

I’ve got more saltwater tackle than I know what to do with. Pm me your address and I’ll send you some.

Comment

Will do. Do you have a pay pal? I'd at least like to pay shipping. Thank you

Comment

Will do. Do you have a pay pal? I'd at least like to pay shipping. Thank you

Nah don’t worry about it. You’re helping me declutter.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                  Nah don’t worry about it. You’re helping me declutter.
                  Well thanks anyway. I'll do the same when I get home next weekend.

Comment

Staying under $100 per combo if you were going to take 2 rod and reel combos to port A what would you buy?

Comment

Check out this place He will help you out. You might even do a guided trip since it is your 1st time there. https://www.slowrideguide.com/

Comment

Shoot me a pm I might try and make it down around that time too. I fish light house lakes and the upper laguna madre pretty often and do well. I just got back from the lakes a few weeks ago and had very good action on top water for trout and reds.

Comment

Staying under $100 per combo if you were going to take 2 rod and reel combos to port A what would you buy?

Penn battle 2500 with 20-30lb braid and a cheap 7’ rod from academy.

Abu Garcia black max with a cheap 7’ rod from academy.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Perfect I've got the black Max's covered a few times over ... That saves budget for tackle!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

Headed to academy to check out those Penn's now

Comment

Working...
                              X