Let's talk waders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk waders

What's the best bargain, buy, or pair of waders. I have had some vintage neoprenes for years, but discovered a leak this weekend. What's everyone wearing or buying and no way I'm spending $600 on a pair, or $900 on the new sitka ones.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Fishing or hunting or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
      What's the best bargain, buy, or pair of waders. I have had some vintage neoprenes for years, but discovered a leak this weekend. What's everyone wearing or buying and no way I'm spending $600 on a pair, or $900 on the new sitka ones.

Imo. The next pair I buy will be redheads no matter what.

#1 reason is because the have a no questions asked return policy for life. Just keep the receipt and bring them to the counter and go get a new pair.

A friend of mine gets a new pair about every 2-3 years for FREE

buys them at Bass pro shops

Here's a good pair https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redh...waders-for-men

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by HunterU; 01-28-2018, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I've always used the Academy neoprene waders. $49 bucks and end up replacing them every 4-5yrs. Eventually have to fix a leak but it's hard to beat the low price.

Comment

If we are talking hunting, I’ve never seen a need for anything more than the baseline 3mm boot foot with 400gr thinsulate in the boots. Aside from a hole I put in them myself on accident I’ve never had an issue. Boots usually dry rot before The neoprene gives out. 3mm is plenty warm enough for me, and I hunt in the panhandle which is generally colder than elsewhere in the state.

But that redhead warranty sounds like something to be looked into

Comment

I've got the academy ones. I think they were 100 or 120. they have been great so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Redheads are plenty good, and they do still warant them. Cabelas used to and still might on their house brand. Academy even takes their house brand back if they leak.

Im tough on waders, so usually buy in the offseason for cheap and treat them as semi-disposable. Current set is from Academy and lasted the last two years with minimal leaks. Tent sealer works well to treat the seams.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Fishing or hunting or both?
                Good question. Hunting almost exclusively.

Comment

Cabelas all the way...catch em on sale. They're around 150 on sale and worth every penny. I did the academy ones when I first started duck hunting, then got a nicer pair of cabelas ones. I love my cabelas. I know every black Friday they run sales on their better lines of waders

Comment

Originally posted by F0WL_LIF3 View Post
                    Imo. The next pair I buy will be redheads no matter what.

#1 reason is because the have a no questions asked return policy for life. Just keep the receipt and bring them to the counter and go get a new pair.

A friend of mine gets a new pair about every 2-3 years for FREE

buys them at Bass pro shops

Here's a good pair https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/redh...waders-for-men

I am not sure you are correct. I went to the link and in the Q and A section it specifically says they have a 1 year warranty. It does not say life time unless I missed that.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                      I am not sure you are correct. I went to the link and in the Q and A section it specifically says they have a 1 year warranty. It does not say life time unless I missed that.
                      Wellllll it's working for him. That's all I can say.

Comment

I find the footie on the waders are always too small. Please post is you know a brandnfor larger feet. I've tried most everything in the Houston area. I'm only a size 12.

Comment

I bought Cabelas due to the lifetime warranty, they said if anything happens just bring them back....that being said, they told me the same on boots and didn't cover them....

Comment

I did pick up a pair of breathable Simms waders from Cabelas recently but haven't had a chance to use them yet. Cost me $150 in their bargain basement.

Comment

Last season I returned 2 pairs of cabelas breathables because both leaked after 3-4 hunts. Luckily I was within their 90 day window. They got rid of the lifetime warranty, probably because so many people were abusing it getting "free" waders every year. I'd find the ones that are the most comfortable. It's been my experience in the last few years that the cheap ones last just as long as the $300 ones when used a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X