No announcement yet.

Bulletproof Backpaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was actually talking to my oldest about these last night. He reminded me that the school makes them keep their backpacks in their locker and they have to go get their books between periods from their lockers.

Comment

Good idea until someone wraps their self in book bags and goes to school with a gun. Then there will be talk of banning book bags because cops can't shoot through them.

Seriously though. Why not hire out of work veterans or other people that have training in dealing with a threat to protect schools or let teachers carry? Seems like that would work a lot better than a bullet proof backpack.

Seems like if we can have mall security keeping people from stealing a t-shirt and crap like that there shouldn't be a reason why we couldn't have an armed person looking out for the well-being of children. I guess people ain't seen enough violence in schools and would rather come up with ideas that won't do anything except make parents feel safer until they get the call that their son or daughter has been shot.
      Last edited by okrattler; 08-06-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I saw that story tonight! Just absoulutely CRAZY where we are. I deaux wish I would have thought of the idea nonetheless. YEP, the chances are incredibly low but "give the people what they want" not what you want them to have.
        Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        It literally makes me sick to my stomach that here in the USA we have to ask these questions for our baby’s but unfortunately it’s the world we now live in. Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating.
        Truth! Incredibly heartbreaking that this is our current trajectory. I guess homeschooling will be getting even more popular.

Comment

Have any of you guys ever considered that your kids have a way better chance of being injured in a car crash on the way to school that a shooting? Heck your kid is more likely to drown in a pool or overdose or drown or commit suicide than a school shooting. I could go on.

Amazing how the sensationalist media can brainwash and scare everyone, even the people than post here. And if your child does have a bulletproof backpack what are the chances he or she is going to be wearing it if they get shot. And if they are wearing it what are the chances the bullet will hit the backpack? And please spare me if it just saves one life BS. If you have that ignorant thought then maybe you should fill in your swimming pool, never let your child ever go hunting or boating and make him or her take a big bus to school. All those scenarios and more present more of a chance of a childs death that a freaking backpack. Just amazing how ignorant people are and how the media can control peoples minds.
          Last edited by Hunting4fun; 08-06-2019, 08:58 PM.

Comment

If it gives a parent piece of mind then who cares? Level IIIA is relatively inexpensive, light weight, and easy to conceal. Won’t stop everything but does offer protection from most pistols. No reason for folks to get upset about how others spend their money.

Provide IIIA Handgun rated protection to your backpack with our S2 Backpack Insert: this bullet-resistant backpack panel will protect the wearer from most pistol threats, stopping the rounds used in 95% of shooting incidents. Flexible and weighing less than 2 pounds, you can wear this armor insert for long periods of time without noticing it.

Comment

Do the kids even have books anymore? Figured everything was online now.

Comment

AR-500 has a Promo Code if you’re interested in backpack armor.

Provide IIIA Handgun rated protection to your backpack with our S2 Backpack Insert: this bullet-resistant backpack panel will protect the wearer from most pistol threats, stopping the rounds used in 95% of shooting incidents. Flexible and weighing less than 2 pounds, you can wear this armor insert for long periods of time without noticing it.

Promo Code: 7YEARS
                SAVE 20.12% SITEWIDE

Comment

Originally posted by Beleg View Post
                  If it gives a parent piece of mind then who cares? Level IIIA is relatively inexpensive, light weight, and easy to conceal. Won’t stop everything but does offer protection from most pistols. No reason for folks to get upset about how others spend their money.

https://www.ar500armor.com/ar500-arm...ody-armor.html
                  It matters because a significant part of our country’s problem right now is that immensely important decisions are being made based on emotion rather than tangible facts.

Comment

It’s a fact that active shooters are out there. It’s a fact that the probability of being a victim of an active shooter is near zero, buts it’s not zero. If a parent wants to purchase backpack armor for their kids for peace of mind there’s nothing wrong with that. Plus, it’s none of my business. Active shooter training is being given to non-profits, government agencies, corporations, schools, etc. Being prepared is not making decisions based on emotion, it’s based on the fact that active shooters are out there and parents want to protect their children.

Comment

That only works if they are wearing the backpack, which I see about 20% of the time.
                      But as others have said, if it gives a little piece of mind then by all means get one. It's a good idea for the company though. Fear sells, even more than sex.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        It literally makes me sick to my stomach that here in the USA we have to ask these questions for our baby’s but unfortunately it’s the world we now live in. Absolutely heart breaking and infuriating.
                        Agree. Let's Ban Bad/Stupid people

Comment

I have one more in school, headed into the 7th grade this year.. I don't give him anything other than a plan.. If it happens, he will not be huddled up waiting to be executed.

When we go to meet the teacher, we discuss his plan based on location of class and possible exit routes.. We have been doing this since 3rd or 4th grade.

Disclaimer: I did have to meet with a principal when the school ran a drill and he had "his own drill"

Comment

Thank you for the info. There are a few things I learned. First, I'm NOT BRAINWASHED BY THE LIBERALS OR MEDIA. My decision has nothing to do with El Paso or Ohio. Those Thoughts are Stupid. Of Course, you have more of a chance getting in a wreck. Isn't that why you wear a Seat Belt? As for Books, they only carry folders and a laptop. They have a backpack with them all the time (in our school). So, if you’re going to buy one anyway why wouldn't you get the protection? I was just wondering if anyone has purchased and had experience.
                            Thanks,
                            BT

We offer a money-back guarantee and affordable prices for all your security needs, including home security systems, effective self defense products and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                              Have any of you guys ever considered that your kids have a way better chance of being injured in a car crash on the way to school that a shooting? Heck your kid is more likely to drown in a pool or overdose or drown or commit suicide than a school shooting. I could go on.

Amazing how the sensationalist media can brainwash and scare everyone, even the people than post here. And if your child does have a bulletproof backpack what are the chances he or she is going to be wearing it if they get shot. And if they are wearing it what are the chances the bullet will hit the backpack? And please spare me if it just saves one life BS. If you have that ignorant thought then maybe you should fill in your swimming pool, never let your child ever go hunting or boating and make him or her take a big bus to school. All those scenarios and more present more of a chance of a childs death that a freaking backpack. Just amazing how ignorant people are and how the media can control peoples minds.

If someone wants to spend their own money on something that would offer a bit of protection to their kid, is it any skin off your ***?

For the car crash scenario we wear seat belts and the vehicles have air bags. Does it eliminate the risk? No, but it does mitigate it to an extent. Drown? Yes it’s a possibility, but we do things to help mitigate that as much as possible.

No, I don’t live in a fantasy world. I realize bad stuff happens different places every day and a shooting at school has a next to nothing chance, but there is a chance it could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't buy your kid a ridiculous back pack. Get them an AR.

No school shooter has ever killed a student that is toting an AR.

Comment

Working...
                                X