No announcement yet.

50-60 lb bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 50-60 Outback at 58# and a 60-70 DXT @ 62#. And wouldn't you know, every deer I've shot with them has died without a complaint. Key to this is a razor sharp broadhead in the heart/lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leef View Post
      Wimps, 75# or go home! Lol
      75 is all you can pull?! Hm!

Comment

Both my bows are 60's maxed out.

Amongst the other +' s it make life easier on the joints as well.

Comment

So glad I was talked into a 60# bow over the 70. My shoulder love it as well. Easier to pull in tight situations. Shoot it for a while and you will wonder what took you so long.

Comment

I have my bow cranked down to 60# and not having any problems at all

Comment

I shoot a Hoyt Maxxis 60# and love it.

Comment

Shooting 60 lbs and loving it

Comment

Went to 60 and will never look back. Best thing I ever did.

Comment

I shoot a 60# bow
                    Granted I can shoot at 64#
                    I feel more comfortable with bow set at 58#

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                      With today's performance numbers I see no reason to shoot 70 pounds. Try out a 60 pound bow after a long sit on a cold morning.
                      Bingo!!!!!

If you have never sat for an hour or more on a really cold morning and then tried to pull back your bow with a deer in your sights all while trying to be quiet and not move too much, then you don't understand how true this is. I can practice all day long in good weather with a 70 lb bow, but if I tried to pull that same 70 lb bow back in the situation I described above, it would be really tough.
                      60 lbs is plenty. I've blown an arrow through 2 deer with the arrow stuck in the ground 4 - 5 inches shooting a 60 lb bow.

Comment

57#/30in./400gr.=280fps. getting by ok.

Comment

I've got a 65 lb crx32 cranked down to probably 58-60 lbs, much easier to pull back considering my shoulder has 12 screws and a steel plate in it. If I had to do it over again I would have went with a 50-60 lb'r set at about 52-54 lbs.

Comment

Shooting 56lbs on a new Hoyt charger. Don't believe there will be any issues on speed there. I enjoy shooting it

Comment

The articles I have read about loss of speed with lower poundage. With the new bows once you reach the 60lb mark the gain of fps is minimal. Draw length has alot more to do with it. If your shooting 60lb at 26" your loosing alot more than 60lbs at 30". Only issue I see is how to get an arrow anywhere close to 5gr. Per inch.

Comment

Lots of good info. This makes me feel a lot better about my purchase. Taking it in to get setup and tuned tomorrow after work and can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                X