No announcement yet.

Man this trad stuff is fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep, strong/deep hook string grips allow you to release the string more fluidly

Comment

Hmm. I was taught a finger tip grip. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Most people get a cleaner more consistent release when using a deep hook.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          All it took for me was the first perfectly executed shot. Seeing that arrow fly right where I was looking was enough to make me never want to stop
          Thats what does it.

That one arrow that goes exactly where you wanted..... it makes up for 50 that dont.

Then you mess around and shoot a deer. Your staring at the deer until all you can see is that spot you want to hit. The rest of the world is kinda out of focus and shazam the arrow pass thru the deer right there. Not a inch high. Not a inch low but right in the spot you wanted. Then your hooked for life because you never forget the high you got for than one moment when everything worked.

One of those moments from 10 years ago.

Last edited by Buff; 09-24-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Hmm. I was taught a finger tip grip. Am I doing something wrong?

Here is an illustration of the deep hook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

it allows a clearer path, it decreases tension on the tip of your fingers, It helps with a deeper anchor point, and it stays inline with your form.....once you get used to it, releasing the bow becomes subconsciously instinctive in a way to where you almost just release with your mind....if that makes any sense lol

Comment

Thanx, that's the kind of help I need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  Thats what does it.

That one arrow that goes exactly where you wanted..... it makes up for 50 that dont.

Then you mess around and shoot a deer. Your staring at the deer until all you can see is that spot you want to hit. The rest of the world is kinda out of focus and shazam the arrow pass thru the deer right there. Not a inch high. Not a inch low but right in the spot you wanted. Then your hooked for life because you never forget the high you got for than one moment when everything worked.

http://buffsblackwidow.com/oldvideos/mason9pointM.wmv
                  That's what it's all about!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                    Thats what does it.

http://buffsblackwidow.com/oldvideos/mason9pointM.wmv
                    Great video!! I've got it so bad I'm afraid of what may happen when I get my first trad kill. I may end up homeless, single, living at the deer lease, just me and my bow lol...

Comment

Looks like someone will be in need of a new target before long.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
                        its quite addicting, you know when you really have it bad when your driving on the highway and looking at trees to see which one would make for a great selfbow

Yep...what he said!

Comment

Working...
                        X