No announcement yet.

Life expectancy of GMC 5.3L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a variable displacement 5.3, I wish you luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
      If it's a variable displacement 5.3, I wish you luck.
      Yeah, sad but true.

I'm with the high mileage crowd on the old 2002 5.3l z71 I had. I was knocking on 300,000''s door when I sold it. But that was a simpler, more rugged engine.

Comment

Buddy has 327k on his

Comment

2008 Z71 suburban with 188K on the 5.3. I drive it all the time. Time for new ball joints and a tune up but other than that no problems. Hope I can get 300k out of it.

Comment

I hade a 2004 Sierra that I traded in last year with 270k was still running good. A/C was the only issue

Comment

270-300 before any major work if you treat her right. Unless you get one of those with the AFM issues. My 08 had over 240 on it when I got hit and totaled it. Sad day. Guy at the shop said people are regularly getting 300 out of the 5.3's.

Comment

Guy I work with has over 300k on his 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of maintenance did you guys do after 100K? I'm at about 115K on my 2011 nothing but oil and filter changes up till now.

Comment

I'm about to roll 250k on my 04 but I have a relative that has over 500k on one about the same year.

Comment

Mobile 1 and don't run it out of oil and water and who knows how long it'll last.

Comment

2006 Z71, 282,500 miles no oil leaks, it was well taken care of by the previous owner. Amsoil since the first oil change.
                        Last edited by Mertzon Man; 08-09-2017, 08:51 PM. Reason: Year and model

Comment

I had a 13 5.3 chevy and the motor gave out at 31k and had to be rebuilt thank god for the warranty

Comment

230,000 on my 2005 GMC Sierra with the 5.3....runs great just like the day I got it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullfrog90 View Post
                              Just rolled 49,000 on my 2011. I'm hoping to get at least 250,000 out of it.
                              Good grief!? That's it!!!
                              I just topped 101,000 in my 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                What kind of maintenance did you guys do after 100K? I'm at about 115K on my 2011 nothing but oil and filter changes up till now.
                                The biggest things for me were plugs and wires at 96k and ball joints shortly before that. I do tow a 16' low boy pretty regularly so I'm going to be changing shocks and springs soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X