Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School removes quote.

"the more you act like a lady the more hell act like a gentleman"

This quote was removed off the wall of a school. It was replaced with another quote but I can't remember what the new quote said. Anyone know?

Yes this article says it was painted over but I briefly saw on the news they put up another quote.

So it is up for 5 years and now, one or two bitchy individuals who im quite sure would not disagree with it in their own house makes them remove it.
    Things were so much better when administrators blew off such trivial complaints.

Comment

I heard Berry mention it this morning. Can't remember what replaced it.

Comment

I thought it was an odd choice for an inspirational wall quote.
        Aren't we supposed to be responsible for our own behavior and actions?

Comment

I tell Riley that or something similar all the time. I actually tell her "you act like a slut, dress like a slut don't be surprised if your treated and used like a slut". I tell young men "Always be Gentleman even when its not earned". Goes both ways
          Last edited by BrandonA; 08-20-2018, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I think some punctuation will help that quote.

Comment

Are we supposed to be for this or against this. As the father of a young man and a young woman, this is something that i would tell my son and i would never tell my daughter. Not sure how that really fits in a school setting.
              How much a young man was raised to be a gentleman to my daughter has a direct correlation to his chances of getting the crap beat out of him by my son or myself though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                I tell Riley that or something similar all the time
                Maybe I don't understand the meaning. Can someone explain it to me?

Comment

*he'll

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    Maybe I don't understand the meaning. Can someone explain it to me?
                    Courtney I edited my post and added. Maybe that will clarify my view a little

Comment

It's ok they painted over that. Seems like it is putting all the emphasis on a young ladies behavior, and discrediting the need for the young man to act resprctful to ALL women.

Comment

Also, if you reversed this to read, “ the more you act like a gentleman, the more she’ll act like a lady.” That would be the end of any type of gentalmanly behavior for the rest of humanity.

Comment

Originally posted by CPR09 View Post
                          Also, if you reversed this to read, “ the more you act like a gentleman, the more she’ll act like a lady.” That would be the end of any type of gentalmanly behavior for the rest of humanity.

Lmao!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what the beef is on removing it.
                            What do I need to boycot?!
                            Nevermind, I’m going to boycott Walmart for not allowing deer cleaning in the parking lot anymore!!

Comment

I don't understand what that has to do with school. Don't they have dress codes and whatnot so those perverted teenagers don't get as many ideas about doin the nasty? How many people live their life based off of a quote anyways? At that age you ain't paying attention to what is in the books in front of you let alone what's written on the wall.

If your son ain't a gentleman and your daughter turns out to be a little hoe bag it ain't the schools fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X