No announcement yet.

Huge deal alert!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re welcome y’all! Wish they had the wood stock weatherby in 30-06. I would have bought one for 349. That’s some purely wood on them. Shot my mini 14 Sunday at the ranch. Not gonna lie, it shoots dang good with open sites. It’s gonna be my ranch rifle in the mule from now on

Comment

They had the weatherby vanguard with a synthetic stock marked down $10....woohoo!

Comment

Hunter man I got a Woodstock in the 30-06 in San Angelo. Wouldn’t mind trading mainly interested in Remington 700’s. Let me know if you are interested.

Bud

Comment

Just made a note to check my Walmart tomorrow.

Comment

Mississippi Walmart’s has normal prices on everything today. I was still tempted by a Ruger American in 300 blackout at normal price.

Comment

The “deluxe” isn’t a wood stock. I saw a couple the other day and one was scratched bad. You could tell where the scratches are that it was white plastic beneath the wood-looking paint, or whatever it is. They feel really cheap. I think it’s an okay deal for $349 but a very poor deal at regular price. I’ve always liked Weatherby but the ones at Walmart appear to be crap. I had the option to buy the 270, 308 or 243. I wanted the 308 and 243 but once I got my hands on them I passed. Cheap stocks, sloppy bolts, unusual safety’s made me say no thanks. They felt cheaper than the cheap Remmy 710, 770 guns.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                The “deluxe” isn’t a wood stock. I saw a couple the other day and one was scratched bad. You could tell where the scratches are that it was white plastic beneath the wood-looking paint, or whatever it is. They feel really cheap. I think it’s an okay deal for $349 but a very poor deal at regular price. I’ve always liked Weatherby but the ones at Walmart appear to be crap. I had the option to buy the 270, 308 or 243. I wanted the 308 and 243 but once I got my hands on them I passed. Cheap stocks, sloppy bolts, unusual safety’s made me say no thanks. They felt cheaper than the cheap Remmy 710, 770 guns.
                They have wood stocks. They dont have any white spacers or a grip cap like I've seen on other Weatherbys, but the stock on mine is listed as walnut with rosewood cap when I enter the serial number on the website. Very high gloss finish, too, which I think sometimes feels cheap.

Comment

Is this at Academy stores state wide? How many days does this last? I do not see anything on line, headed to the closest one today at lunch

Comment

Originally posted by brushtrooper View Post
                    Is this at Academy stores state wide? How many days does this last? I do not see anything on line, headed to the closest one today at lunch
                    Wal-Mart not Academy

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                      When I picked up the 308 it felt cheap. I immediately gave it back. I would probably buy a 243 model but for $380 tax and all I'm not sure.

It's like tires. No matter if they say Toyo from Wal-Mart they for some reason don't last as long. Buy direct from Toyo same tire and they last 10 times longer! I have a walnut stock Savage Axis and it feels real. May still be a cheap gun but I would spend $350 on another Savage before I would buy the Wetherby from Wally World.

Comment

wal-mart exclusive deluxe

I got the last two from bay city, a 30-06 deluxe and a 243 deluxe. having many weatherby products, i'm confident they will be shooters. nice wood, the 30-06 was the display and had two scratches. 243 never handled. I surely didn't NEED them, but too good of a sail(spelled w/intent for some of you!)

Comment

Nothing at the Walmart in helotes

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                            I got the last two from bay city, a 30-06 deluxe and a 243 deluxe. having many weatherby products, i'm confident they will be shooters. nice wood, the 30-06 was the display and had two scratches. 243 never handled. I surely didn't NEED them, but too good of a sail(spelled w/intent for some of you!)
                            Guess I don't need to go to Bay City then. El Campo here it come! Don't need another 243 but the 308 or a 30-06 would be nice.

Comment

I've never owned a weatherby, are these guns even decent guns? I dont mind dropping 250 on a rifle throwing a $400 stock on it, $100 trigger and having a shooter. But if they are just crap I dont want to waste my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
                                I've never owned a weatherby, are these guns even decent guns? I dont mind dropping 250 on a rifle throwing a $400 stock on it, $100 trigger and having a shooter. But if they are just crap I dont want to waste my time.
                                Weatherby Vanguards are very good guns. Maybe a smidge behind Tikka's accuracy but nicer than the comparable Ruger, Remington, Savage, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X