My toys just keep getting bigger.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My toys just keep getting bigger.

Boss leased a combine to cut our wheat with. Has a 36' header on it. Bigger than any I have ever seen. The cab of this thing is like the cockpit of an airplane with gps tracking and everything. Started harvesting but the moisture content of the wheat was still a little high. Have to wait a few more dry days before it is ready.

Awesome piece of equipment!

Comment

Jaspro it was my understanding that they put the bigger or wider heads on them to help keep them from turning over when running across a step hill..Is that true...

Comment

Nice Jason!!!

Comment

That alot of equipment. I am so far behind on that stuff. I remember the good old 4440 with a cab and radio. Thought I was in heaven. Talked to a friend of mine the other day. Asked him if he was home yet...."nope, still on the tractor." I couldn't even hear the engine and he said they drive themselves. What? I am behind the curve on equipment these days.

Comment

Jason this thing has a satloc light bar. I could drive it and never look outside the cab except for needing to know when to turn around. Honestly the only thing you can hear in the cab of this thing is the seed falling into the hopper.
            If you want to drive something complicated fo check out one of those Cat track tractors. I drove one of them when I was in Lubbock pulling a stalk cutter and it was absolutely like sitting in the cockpit of a commercial airliner.
            I didn't know what to expect when the owner told me not to leave the field or cross any ditches with the tractor unless I had my seatbelt on.

Chuck I have no idea about why they went to a bigger header. The last combine I ran had an open cab with a cloth sun shade.

Comment

Holy cow! You know you're cutting a wide swath when the header has wheels on each side. That's awesome.

Comment

Yall recon this is overkill for 150 acres?

Comment

Nah, cut wheat in the morning and then do something else after lunch.

Comment

We want in the cab pics when she's working Jaspro! One of these days I'll come over and we can shoot some driveby pics with this beast working.

Harvest pics in the right sunset....OH YEAH!

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      We want in the cab pics when she's working Jaspro! One of these days I'll come over and we can shoot some driveby pics with this beast working.

Harvest pics in the right sunset....OH YEAH!
                      Man unless it rains I am not getting my camera anywhere near this thing when its running. Just the little round we made today to check the seed moisture looked like a forest fire.

Comment

Working...
                      X