Need opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinions

So this afternoon my son takes a slightly quartering away shot at 18yrds at a buck from a 10ft tripod. He is shooting a Mathews Halon pulling around 55 pounds . With a 100 grain Rage trypan. He says that placement looked perfect just maybe just a tad low. Now the result was broadhead did expand all the way but penetration was no deeper than the broadhead itself in fact it had hair and very little to no blood on it and the entire arrow has not a single stain or blemish. And one of the blades is bent like it hit something very solid. He said when the arrow hit it sounded very funny on impact then just bounced out. Deer takes of with tail high and runs up the hill into the brush and begins blowing. We looked for any blood at all and found none went up the same trail as he and found none.

My questions are

#1 with no more penetration than the broadhead will he survive ?

#2 what in heck could he possibly have hit to have bent that trypan and not get penetration ?

He and I have killed 8 deer since last year with these broadheads and have had no problem getting great penetration and recovering all targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sternum maybe?

Comment

My son had a similar experience this year. Broadhead hit the shoulder and had very little
      Penetration. Deer was back at the feeder within the week.

Comment

He hit the leg bone or elbow area. A mortally wounded deer wont stop and blow..

Comment

Thanks for the input and I agree with y'all . I'll let you know how this turns out .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X