Holy Tags!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Tags!!!

So this year my home in Wisconsin qualified me for 10 total tags with the ability to buy more if needed. 2 Bucks, 8 does. My home is in farmland and a metro sub unit.

Yes!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hope you're hungry for venison. I killed 5 last year and I still have a pile in the freezer.

Comment

That sounds like trying to harvest that many deer may be more work than it's worth. Let me be the first to say that I'll help for free. I'll even bring beer or whatever is your drink of choice.

Comment

I took 5 last season as well, but that is the primary meat for my family. By choice, but it is WAY better than anything that can be purchased.
        By this time of year, those 5 are almost completely gone.
        Congrats on getting the tags, hope you take what you need to.

Comment

Congrats. If you need help I will also volunteer

Comment

Have Bow will travel!

Comment

My wife's family is in Wisconsin. They own land and hunt as well. How hard is it for a non-resident to get a deer tag, whether that be buck or doe?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                I took 5 last season as well, but that is the primary meat for my family. By choice, but it is WAY better than anything that can be purchased.
                Between my boys and I we had 6 white tail, a fallow doe and a red deer. We should run out just in time for bow season to bring something home. Vension almost daily is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                  My wife's family is in Wisconsin. They own land and hunt as well. How hard is it for a non-resident to get a deer tag, whether that be buck or doe?
                  Wisconsin is OTC tags.

Congrats OP, I am looking forward to the hunt this fall up there as well! Nothing like being able to eat venison every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                    Not hard at all. The first year you hunt up here as a visitor you can get all the tags you can for like $75 i think..

They also have the tags separated. Bow/Crossbow/Gun. You can only Gun hunt 10 days up here, so most people get the Gun then an Archery with the Crossbow add on. That gives you 2 bucks total, then depending on what part of the state your hunting in, you may get more than the normal doe tags.

I own a home in a farm land & a metro sub unit. Both zones give me 2 doe tags for free with both a GUN & Bow, with the knowledge I can use the lesser weapon the whole season...
                    Last edited by ReDNeQ; 08-01-2018, 10:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                      Hope you're hungry for venison. I killed 5 last year and I still have a pile in the freezer.
                      Wife said she's willing to buy another freezer. The flavor of the deer up here compared to Texas was very noticeable for her. She feels the deer dont have a much of a game taste.

So, we plan on making alot of hamburger, sausage, jerkey, steaks, roasts, and straps!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWes View Post
                        That sounds like trying to harvest that many deer may be more work than it's worth. Let me be the first to say that I'll help for free. I'll even bring beer or whatever is your drink of choice.
                        Appreciate the offer.

My Son-in-Law, then a few friends came up this last year and both groups took 2 does a piece over 3 day stays. We have an abundance of does around here. My property butts up to a valley over 1000 acres that only 12 people hunt. I've talked to 7 of them, and they all have said, we could take 10+ each a year and not even put a dent in it. from my trail cameras and the amounts I've seen over the past 10 months I believe them.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                          I plan on taking an elder doe or two very early this season. Get the freezer started. Then, a case by case basis while hunting for the great white buffalo.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Congrats. If you need help I will also volunteer
                            I'll add you to the list

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Have Bow will travel!
                              I've put you on the list as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X