Lake Bardwell hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Bardwell hunting

Anybody hit this one up? What kind of luck have you had?

I heard folks shooting there this weekend... I can't report

Comment

Ducks and pigs... had a small 6 pt on camera a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
        Ducks and pigs... had a small 6 pt on camera a few years ago.
        Sweet, from what I understand you can't hunt deer out there though right? I've been out there probably 5 or 6 times and never seen anything. But then again I spend most of the time just scouting around. I've worn some boots out walking around out there lol

Comment

There are some deer on the south and south west sides but they are few and far between.

Comment

I have chased a pig or 2 out there.

Comment

Anyone in the area free Wed? I was thinking of going out there and trudging around a bit.

Comment

Anybody see deer out there this year? New to bow hunting and wanting to try somewhere local this season

Comment

Originally posted by texasguy83 View Post
                  Anybody see deer out there this year? New to bow hunting and wanting to try somewhere local this season
                  Some good deer in the Italy area towards Frost. Pigs and ducks around the lake. Best Ellis county hunting is near the trinity but you better know someone to get you in.

Comment

I use to hunt there. The locals would always try to run us off. They always said there wasn't any game there. It got too crowded on weekends.

Back when I went there, there was a bunch of theft. I was robbed once. They hit your truck right at legal light knowing you won't be coming back to the truck for a while.

Comment

I'm a home health nurse so I'm all over the county, I figured out by the Trinity and over between Bardwell and Frost in the mesquite thickets on 34 would be ideal, thanks for the info Chef, I'll have to try and find out who owns the land by the power line right of way and plant outside of Bardwell, seems like good hog cover

Comment

Plenty of hogs, deer not so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X