No announcement yet.

Which Tractor and Implements? Pros/Cons-Do’s/Don’ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m kind of partial to Kubota but the mahindras are heavier built and their loader is pretty dang strong. Right now I have a 52 horse kubota. A loader and 4x4 are a must have.

Comment

If you don't like changing implements buy you some of these. Makes changing implements a breeze.

Pat's quick hitch attaches to tractors that have 3-point implement connections. This hitch features a category 2 receiver with a category 1 hook.

And for your front end loader get one of these.

I changed out the rachet straps and used chains with load binders.

Comment

just remember: Tractors are red, trucks are green.
        Well, that is what they said when I worked at a Case dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by acearrow View Post
          just remember: Tractors are orange, trucks are whatever.
          Fixed it for you...

Comment

I bought about 5 years ago

I bough a 45 hp Kioti. With loader. For about 20 K

It’s been great so far.

I have post hole digger
            6 ft brush hog
            Hay spear

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
              Kubota L2501 would be great for what your doing
              I looked at the L2501 but bought the L3901 instead. The L2501 is the same size tractor as the L3901 but with less horsepower and none of the EPA crap so it does not have to go thru the regin process. This is an excellent value if you do not need the extra hp.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                Forget all the compact utility tractors and get one of these! You’ll never regret that decision and the possibilities are endless where implements are concerned. If I only had one piece of equipment on my place, this is what I would keep. Nothing on my 60 acres I can’t do with it. If you shop around, there are deals out there. I bought this one with 4 extra implements for 16k and it only had 500 hrs on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Theres no way id suggest some one to purchase a skid steer as their only tractor. Its just not very practical for every day farm usage.
                Last edited by CentexRancher; 08-04-2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I have a 47hp Kubota 4X4 HST. I went up with a bigger one than I thought I needed when I bought this. I wish I would've bought a 60hp. There is an old saying for a reason. "as soon as your tractor hits your property it will shrink" I use it on our 20ac in the Hill Country. I never take it out of 4wd.

Get remotes on the front and the back when you buy it if you buy new. I didn't and I hate that I didn't do it. I bought mine all the way in Beaumont because that was the best deal I could find on a package. I financed because Kubota had 0% financing

I have a rotary cutter, disc, box blade, auger, forks, and the bucket of course. I use them all at one time or another

Comment

Going bigger was what I did. I made the decision to buy used and go bigger vs buying new/smaller
                    Picked up a 2008 mahindra 7010 (72hp) with fel with less than 1000hrs plus cab (and the AC is nice) for about what a new 40hp open space would have cost
                    Its been a great tractor so far, I primarily use it to mow, have a 15’ batwing and it handles it well. Wouldn’t want to go any smaller, in fact my next one will be a 90hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I had to learn the hard and expensive way. My current tractor is a 75 hp Massey and it is the best size for my uses. I think you should look at the biggest one that will fit on your trailer, do not make the mistake I did and buy 3 different ones.
                      Last edited by Radar; 08-04-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        I had to learn the hard and expensive way. 24 hp Kubota and it was nice but had no weight to it so it was useless for me other than for mowing, then a 28 hp JD and it was nice but just did not have the weight or the hydraulic power for my needs. Then a Case IH 45 hp and it done everything I needed but always felt like it was over worked. Then I found a deal on

Sounds familiar. 40hp JD 2WD, 35hp Kubota 4x4, Kubota 50hp 4x4 and now a Kubota 75hp 4x4. All had FEL’s

FWIW the 35hp 4x4 worked circles around the 40hp 2x4.

Comment

Hydraulic top link if its available for what you buy.
                          Aluminum canopy (not plastic or fiberglass).
                          Slip clutches on mowers.
                          Convert all implements to the same pin sizes.
                          When you talk about the tractor weight - make sure you clarify if its the "wet" weight or the "dry weight", could be a couple hundred pounds difference.
                          Consider having a dedicated implement trailer cause sometimes you cant load everything on the trailer with the tractor that your gonna need but the tractor is the only way to move the extras.
                          How wide is your trailer - 82"? What ply are the trailer tires?

Good subject Brunner!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kbar View Post
                            Hydraulic top link if its available for what you buy.

BINGO!

Hydraulic top link is universal so long as you have a remote to run it, I will never be without one again!!

Comment

Doing work today....

You’re next little buddy....

Moved this guy yesterday with some fork extensions.

Twins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X