Sportsman Channel Outdoorfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsman Channel Outdoorfest

Has anyone attended this show this weekend? I was thinking about going today. Looks pretty good, like it's a hunting and fishing show all in one.

Yeah, we are there for Backcountry Hunters and Anglers.. I don't know what the entry cost is, but it's the show itself is a good mix of gear and guided hunting outfitters, even some dog training stuff.

It is bigger than we expected, lots of good stuff. And there is a bridal show next door for the wife/significant other.
    Last edited by WItoTX; 07-22-2018, 06:12 AM. Reason: .

Comment

We went yesterday. Decent sized show and worth the price of admission. There wasn't much fishing interest there. For their first-ever show, it was good. We tried listening to Pigman and Wadell but were in the back and couldn't hear anything.

Comment

I would have gone if not for house arrest this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I would have gone if not for house arrest this weekend
          Im thinking about it real hard....we been gone 9 days so I kind of just want to chill around the house myself. The kids want to go though...

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
            Im thinking about it real hard....we been gone 9 days so I kind of just want to chill around the house myself. The kids want to go though...
            Don't know how long it's been since you went to the grb. We went to the fishing show this year and MAN they changed it up!! Actually kinda nice down there. It's been 5 or 6 years since I've been

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Don't know how long it's been since you went to the grb. We went to the fishing show this year and MAN they changed it up!! Actually kinda nice down there. It's been 5 or 6 years since I've been
              Its been longer than that for me. Probably 10yrs or more since I been to the grb.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Its been longer than that for me. Probably 10yrs or more since I been to the grb.
                Go.

They got a pappadeaux and a Murphy's deli inside now. The only down side is all the free parking around is cut wayyyyy down

Comment

I am going down for the TTHA Show on August 3-5 and will primarily be in the Pursuit Channel Booth. I will be stopping by Swagger Bipods, Mossy Oak Properties and Elusive Wildlife Technologies from time to time as they are good buddies and sponsors of CARNIVORE. This show will be held at Reliant and will be primarily hunting. There is normally a really good crowd at this show as the Texas Trophy Hunters have had an annual show there for many years. If you are there, please look me up as I will want to see a friendly face.
                  Thanks and Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

It will be interesting to see how having the two shows close together in the same market works out. I am good friends with Hal Galm who is promoting the Sportsman's Channel Show and he is a nice guy. I wish both shows great success. If it is as hot in Houston as it is in Menard, a lot of folks are going to be looking for entertainment in an air conditioned environment.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                      I am going down for the TTHA Show on August 3-5 and will primarily be in the Pursuit Channel Booth. I will be stopping by Swagger Bipods, Mossy Oak Properties and Elusive Wildlife Technologies from time to time as they are good buddies and sponsors of CARNIVORE. This show will be held at Reliant and will be primarily hunting. There is normally a really good crowd at this show as the Texas Trophy Hunters have had an annual show there for many years. If you are there, please look me up as I will want to see a friendly face.
                      Thanks and Adios,
                      Gary
                      We go to this show every year and I will be there for sure. Just seen this sportsman channel outdoor fest and was thinking about checking it out today.

Comment

The show was a great success for their first time. The isles were big and you were not elbow to elbow trying to see the product. Meet a couple of nice folks and setup a couple of contacts for hunting. I would definitely love to see these more here in Houston.

Comment

Nope. Unknown to myself, my in laws came over and I had to babysit with the wife. Yeah that was fun. I had plans to meet Pigman and Michael Wadell. Instead we spent all weekend watching Investigation Discovery and Lifetime Movie Channel. Tried to go yesterday, but wife guilted me into staying. Maybe next year.

Okay Rant Over.

Comment

Took the grand kids to the Dog show at reliant pretty good, they loved seeing all the dogs and the agility trails. Lots of rescue for every breed

Comment

Originally posted by kenforu View Post
                              The show was a great success for their first time. The isles were big and you were not elbow to elbow trying to see the product. Meet a couple of nice folks and setup a couple of contacts for hunting. I would definitely love to see these more here in Houston.
                              The show said they expected 30,000 people or so. As of Saturday night, they were at 5,000. There was little advertising. But for sure the set up was great. Just need to sell the show more.

Hopefully next year they don't skimp on the advertising.

Comment

Working...
                              X