X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Yeah and a 22LR will kill them
    just as dead.

Dale is like me. Doesn’t see what the CM offers over any of the other 6.5 rounds that have been available.

It offers nothing over them in terms of performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you (and I) can get past the hate for the hype surrounding this round and really look at the facts then we will realize that the CM really does shine for its intended purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      If you (and I) can get past the hate for the hype surrounding this round and really look at the facts then we will realize that the CM really does shine for its intended purpose.

Not really. It doesn’t do anything that the 260 hasn’t been doing for years. The 6.5x47 is right on its heels and takes the CM case concept a little further and is well known for its accuracy.

I’ve stated that I like the steeper shoulder angle of the CM over the 260 but that’s easily remedied my making the 260AI. Then it will still outperform the CM ballistically.

My beef with the CM is everybody went ape **** crazy over it and I can’t figure out why. It’s just not that good.

Comment

Not really. It doesn’t do anything that the 260 hasn’t been doing for years. The 6.5x47 is right on its heels and takes the CM case concept a little further and is well known for its accuracy.

I’ve stated that I like the steeper shoulder angle of the CM over the 260 but that’s easily remedied my making the 260AI. Then it will still outperform the CM ballistically.

My beef with the CM is everybody went ape **** crazy over it and I can’t figure out why. It’s just not that good.

We agree on the hype.

The 260 AI will out perform the CM but runs into mag length problems even with my Wyatt's extended box and the AI is much more finicky to load for according to the AI shooters I have talked to.

I have spent the last two weeks studying to decide what 6.5 I was going to build trying to avoid CM, turns out it makes the most sense.

Comment

I really do not see anything in the CM that is not already out there other than a new name they have marketed the heck out of. Really believe there are better options for a hunting round. Don’t get me wrong I killed a ton of deer with a 22-250 and never lost one but I finally grew up and have been knocking them down with a 7mag or 300rum now days. I did grab a rem 308aac and a can a couple years back and I have been loading subs playing with paper. Pretty cool shooting in back yard and not bothering the neighbors.

Comment

Yeah and a 22LR will kill them
            just as dead.

Dale is like me. Doesn’t see what the CM offers over any of the other 6.5 rounds that have been available.

It offers nothing over them in terms of performance.

So is it inferior as the post states if it offers nothing more? Or is it more of the same as other 6.5 rounds? It’s widely available and for guys that may not reload, that’s a huge plus.

Comment

Just to stir the pot. . .

I’d be willing to bet he can’t change a tire either.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                We agree on the hype.

The 260 AI will out perform the CM but runs into mag length problems even with my Wyatt's extended box and the AI is much more finicky to load for according to the AI shooters I have talked to.

I have spent the last two weeks studying to decide what 6.5 I was going to build trying to avoid CM, turns out it makes the most sense.
                Yes sir, I have studied it real hard. When APR came out with the TBH deal,that was what I ordered. I’m going to retire my 7-08 and give it to my nephew. I will try to use Sierra 140 gr Gameking Spitzer or Nosler partition 140 gr. I really like that Sierra bullet , always stays together and expands even though it ain’t nothing fancy. Nosler will be my second choice.

Comment

There is nothing special about the creedmore, unless you can appreciate ballistic efficiency.

Comment

Haters are going to hate....down deep, Mike really loves the 6.8SPC and the Creed

Comment

Everybody went ape **** crazy over it because it put the level of performance we have become accustomed to as hand loaders and gun tweakers in the hands of everyone without having to do any of the work to get there. The guns that can shoot it are cheap, available and shoot well. The ammo is relatively cheap and available and shoots really well too. When was the last time we had ammo this good, and this available that wasn't geared towards 308? At least it's a 6.5 this time Small victories, man

If you take all of that out of the equation, the CM's arguable advantage over the 260 lies in the fact it was optimized to run in a standard S/A mag box or DBM from the start. It wasn't an afterthought. It fits in the mag and reaches the lands, like it should. By the time you shove a 140 deep enough to fit a 700 mag box you've eaten up the little extra case capacity the 260 had, and probably aren't close to the lands either. So the CM does what the 260 meant to do in that configuration. Performance really is same/same in that scenario. Any difference is so small it would be hard to notice. SAME thing, different names.

My take on it is guys starting from scratch would be well served to go CM, and start shooting and enjoying it. Guys with a 260 should keep shooting and enjoying it. Maybe even put an extended mag box in the 260 and give it the slight advantage back that it has on paper. Or just go 260AI and end the debate once and for all..................until the 6.5-284 guys show up

Comment

6.5 creedmoore

Seems like a troll thread. OP hasn’t returned and it’s the perfect topic to get Mike and Dale stirred up. Thank God Ragin isn’t around. Lol! You’re never going to convince either of them to not speak negatively about the Creedmoor. Their heels are so dug in that they can’t even wiggle their toes! Lol! So, just know that and move on. Love them like brothers but trying to get them to say positive things about the creed is just throwing effort after foolishness; and giving the OP exactly what he wants.

FWIW, I own a .260 and 2 CMs. I like them all and use them all. Very little difference between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                          Everybody went ape **** crazy over it because it put the level of performance we have become accustomed to as hand loaders and gun tweakers in the hands of everyone without having to do any of the work to get there. The guns that can shoot it are cheap, available and shoot well. The ammo is relatively cheap and available and shoots really well too. When was the last time we had ammo this good, and this available that wasn't geared towards 308? At least it's a 6.5 this time Small victories, man

If you take all of that out of the equation, the CM's arguable advantage over the 260 lies in the fact it was optimized to run in a standard S/A mag box or DBM from the start. It wasn't an afterthought. It fits in the mag and reaches the lands, like it should. By the time you shove a 140 deep enough to fit a 700 mag box you've eaten up the little extra case capacity the 260 had, and probably aren't close to the lands either. So the CM does what the 260 meant to do in that configuration. Performance really is same/same in that scenario. Any difference is so small it would be hard to notice. SAME thing, different names.

My take on it is guys starting from scratch would be well served to go CM, and start shooting and enjoying it. Guys with a 260 should keep shooting and enjoying it. Maybe even put an extended mag box in the 260 and give it the slight advantage back that it has on paper. Or just go 260AI and end the debate once and for all..................until the 6.5-284 guys show up

Why did you have to go and put logic in this thread and instead just make fun of the creed boys like the rest of us?

In all seriousness it is a round people that don’t hand load can shoot like hand loads much like you stated without the work. But as a hand loader and lover of all things 260 I’ll be looking for a 260 AI when I can order from you

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I'm going to buy a CM just to **** them guys off...

Don't worry Dale, I ain't got enough hair to put it up in a bun either.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                              I'm going to buy a CM just to **** them guys off...

Don't worry Dale, I ain't got enough hair to put it up in a bun either.
                              Me too.

And me neither.

Comment

Well from someone who has a 260 and has taken multiple axis, whitetail doe and bucks, hogs, and even a my lion at 40 yards, exits with 129 SST are very rare. I’ve shot game from 40 yds to 257 yds and pass through a Just rarely happen. I haven’t lost any animals either with the 129 sst, but I like total pass throughs and this ain’t the bullet.

Comment

Working...
                                X