Thinking about feeding Cotton Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking about feeding Cotton Seed

I have been considering starting to feed cotton seed.
    After researching on the internet, I have reconsidered.

I often get asked about wholeseed cottonseed as an alternative whitetail deer feed.   It has gained in popularity in recent years and here is what you need to know:

Thoughts??

The man that wrote this article helps me with my ranch. I have been feeding it for 8 years and he has never told me to not feed it.
    I guess it depends on what your limitations are in regards to how you handle it and proximity of local mill. Plenty of info on this site regarding the feeding of WCS.

Comment

My thoughts are someone is misinformed because it won't make them sterile unless that's all they eat. Hopefully lots of people read the article and believe it though so it stays easy to get

Comment

Too much hassle for me to do it personally.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. Now I need to see if I can find it.

Comment

We started feeding it this year. It took about 2 months for the deer to start eating it, but now they are hitting it hard. We also feed protein and spin corn year around so they have plenty of options.
            As far as making deer sterile, i really do not believe this. I have a friend that has been feeding year around for the past 4-5 years now and they have plenty of fawns each year with lots of twins.

Looking forward to seeing how it will help our deer in both body and antlers.

Comment

I'd love to feed it but I can't find any anywhere near to Young County

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                My thoughts are someone is misinformed because it won't make them sterile unless that's all they eat. Hopefully lots of people read the article and believe it though so it stays easy to get
                Lmao. X2

Comment

Working...
                X