Space heater recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space heater recommendation?

My sister is in a small old trailer and the hearter doesnt work.. Its getting cold and Looking to get her a heater.. DO yall have any ideas on things that would work good? theres only a living room kitchen and 1 bed room..

The oiled filled heaters work good.

Whatever she gets back sure it has tip over shut off feature and she keeps it 3 feet away from anything that might catch fire.

Comment

I would get a milk house heater. I use one in my camper and it is the only heater that will keep the camper warm. They are like $16.94 at Walmart. I have been very impressed.

Comment

For our lease we stay in a 1978 Airstream with no heating. Over the years I've tried several different heaters and having had great luck. Although the trailer in long, space is limited and heaters are bulky. Most were just okay but on a fluke I bought a $10 Walmart heater to add to the back area. It is awesome! Three heat settings plus can be used as a regular fan. The brand is Pelonis and it's around 12x12. It's not central heat but they work for us (we use two). They have the safety tip over feature too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you would come get this free chainsaw off my hands, I'd give ya one to give to her. It's electric 1500 watts max. Or put it on lower setting.

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post

Whatever she gets back sure it has tip over shut off feature and she keeps it 3 feet away from anything that might catch fire.
            Not to hijack but I am doing some research on these and I was reading the only con on these things is they waste quite a bit of energy getting to operating temp. But after that they are efficient. Any experience?

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
              My sister is in a small old trailer and the hearter doesnt work.. Its getting cold and Looking to get her a heater.. DO yall have any ideas on things that would work good? theres only a living room kitchen and 1 bed room..
              If the trailer has gas....And she has a safe place to put it...
              I would get the small Dearborn heater. They don't have to be vented.
              I have one. And it heats excellent. I place a small fan on top of it, for circulation. I don't sleep with it lit.
              just a thought.....

Comment

i bought 2 of these for the house. only have had to use one. 1900 sf and running one on high in the living room has kept the house at 69/70. its silent also, has thermostat and safety features. wall mountable. way cheaper to run than the house heater.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  i bought 2 of these for the house. only have had to use one. 1900 sf and running one on high in the living room has kept the house at 69/70. its silent also, has thermostat and safety features. wall mountable. way cheaper to run than the house heater.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                  just ordered one -

Comment

Originally posted by NTex View Post

I was going to suggest the same. We keep one of these on low in the camp bathroom & it works great. I don't think accidental contact with cloth, towel, clothes etc. would lite off.

I also have one of these for the travel trailer instead of turning on the main heater.

Last edited by Monark; 12-03-2016, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Monark View Post
                      I was going to suggest the same. We keep one of these on low in the camp bathroom & it works great. I don't think accidental contact with cloth, towel, clothes etc. would lite off.

I also have one of these for the travel trailer instead of turning on the main heater.

https://www.amazon.com/Lasko-754200-...5ZPSTG3TJKEEDV
                      I have 4 of those. Used them at my previous employer, in the camper, and at the house. Great little units that put out the heat.

Comment

Working...
                      X