First Bow kill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Bow kill

Shot my first doe with a bow Friday night and I am hooked!!! I have already decided that I am a bow only hunter now after years of hunting with a rifle.

The biggest frill for me was the shot was at 10 yards. I had set out in the morning using the tree stand but after two hours of the wind kicking my butt, I popped out the ground blind. The area I was hunting was a "dead end" trail to a feeder which forced me to hunt the feeder itself with only 20 yards of distance due to having limited space for the ground blind. The doe came in around 7pm and my heart was racing having never been so close before. I waited and watched for about 10 minutes to see if anything else would follow her in. After waiting, I made the decision to take her thinking the rut hadn't started yet (which it did the next day....bucks were running crazy) and she would be one the famous doe's to bust me. It seemed like it was meant to be because she never sensed my movement and literally gave me her back for the draw. Waited about 20 seconds or so for the broadside and whack!

Through the excitement and adrenaline, I pulled a dummy move and aimed with the 20 yard pin "dead on" and shot a little high, plus I shot through mesh. It was only a 10 yard shot but I double lunged her and the ram cat ripped straight through her. Recovered the arrow and broad head with no damage.

I know it's only a doe, but man! What an experience. I love this.
    Attached Files

nice bowkill......go meat !

Comment

Great doe! Congrats!!

Comment

Great job on your first bow kill! Good looking doe...congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the doe.

Comment

That's awesome! I wish I could relive my first bow kill.

Comment

congrats!

Comment

I know the feeling; half the reason I bow hunt is being forced to be close enough to hear the footsteps of one of the smartest, most cautious creatures in the world. Congrats buddy!

Comment

That's awesome! Never say "it's only a doe..." You may not get a shoulder mount, but she's still a trophy!

Comment

Nice work congratulations

Comment

I got my first bow kill ( doe ) a couple weekends ago n u r right it is an awesome way to hunt !!!

Comment

way to go!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the obsession brother!! Congrats!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X