• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why'd you buy the welder

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
      Springtown.
      Great guy by the name of James Steel.
      Not sure if you are being serious, or if your buddy has the greatest welder name ever...

Comment

Welding Table Wanted

Originally posted by Stoof
        If your welding, you could just make one?

This! I have a whopping 18 minutes welding experience, but I’m going to attempt making a 4x3 table over Christmas break.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            Not sure if you are being serious, or if your buddy has the greatest welder name ever...
            Yep, that's really his name and I guess his destiny. Lol.

Comment

Bump for some more welding tables.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                If your welding, you could just make one???

-------------------------------
                Violence never settles anything
                -Genghis Kahn
                He doesn't have a welding table so that he can make a welding table duh

Comment

I've already got a table, it just needs a piece of plate for the top. Whats the going rate for a piece of 1/2" X 3' x 4'?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    I've already got a table, it just needs a piece of plate for the top. Whats the going rate for a piece of 1/2" X 3' x 4'?
                    1/2"???
                    Planning on using for an anvil too?

Comment

Anvil

1/2"???
                      Planning on using for an anvil too?
                      I do have an anvil for those that want to know why I don't make my own table or for those that ask why I bought a welding machine.

Comment

If you have any scrap metal dealers around your area, they are a good source for plate. I would try to stay with 1/2" if you can find it. Another option would be channel iron laid cross ways on the base, open side down with about a 2" gap between them. Makes it possible to get a clamp to any part of the table. I've helped several weldors build them on top of my table with a 1" plate top.

You can see it in this picture.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by diamonde40 View Post
                          I do have an anvil for those that want to know why I don't make my own table or for those that ask why I bought a welding machine.
                          Lol.

Building these tables for welders has become quite the business for James. It started off as just building one for himself and when other welders saw his, they wanted one too. He builds a lot of them now and people come from other states to get them.

Totally custom. What ever size, thickness or configuration you need or want.

Comment

Thanks Geexy Rider

Lol.

Building these tables for welders has become quite the business for James. It started off as just building one for himself and when other welders saw his, they wanted one too. He builds a lot of them now and people come from other states to get them.

Totally custom. What ever size, thickness or configuration you need or want.
                            Thanks for the info Geezy Rider and your friend builds a really nice table but that is farther than I want to travel to pick one up. I'm hoping someone around Luling can build me one like the one your buddy builds.

Comment

Anybody around Luling want to build me a 4x6 welding table?

Comment

diamonde 40, see my for sale in the classifieds.
                                Last edited by Matt_C; 02-25-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X