Good muzzle breaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good muzzle breaks

I’m looking into buying more new muzzle breaks for my AR, any suggestions? I’ve got the “fishbone shark” but looking into buying more variety.

No such thing.

Try searching for a “brake”. Like brakes on a car.

I have a Troy Claymore. It worked great on my AR.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Area 419 makes some of the best around.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Suppressors are as good as they get. Once you go that way you will never come back.

Comment

What caliber 223?

Comment

Lantac Dragon and thank me later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good muzzle breaks

A good brake on an AR will make your ears bleed!

And there is really no recoil anyway so??

Comment

Following.

Think I’m going to try the kineti tech brake. They aren’t to expensive and have a solid tube that goes over them to keep from rupturing your ear drums. I like the recoil reduction but not the noise increase to the shooter. I shot a coyote this year out of a metal box blind and didn’t have any ear protection. Thought my ears would never stop ringing.
                If anyone has experience with this brake I’d love to hear your thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

This. Had one on my 6.8. Unless it's a comp gun there's no way I'd do that again

It was a slr synergy bcf and worked well for what it's worth

Comment

SJC Titan, Miculek, JP 2/3 port, or JP Recoil Eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                      This. Had one on my 6.8. Unless it's a comp gun there's no way I'd do that again

It was a slr synergy bcf and worked well for what it's worth
                      Originally posted by bboswell View Post

Originally posted by rugger View Post
                      Following.

Think I’m going to try the kineti tech brake. They aren’t to expensive and have a solid tube that goes over them to keep from rupturing your ear drums. I like the recoil reduction but not the noise increase to the shooter. I shot a coyote this year out of a metal box blind and didn’t have any ear protection. Thought my ears would never stop ringing.
                      If anyone has experience with this brake I’d love to hear your thoughts
                      This is exactly why I say a suppressor is the best brake for an AR!!!!!!

They do not recoil to begin with and with a suppressor the crosshairs barely move.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                        Suppressors are as good as they get. Once you go that way you will never come back.

100%[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                          Absolutely this.

A brake alone isn't necessary on most AR calibers and will cause those in close-ish proximity a lot of discomfort.

If you're not willing to go the suppressor route, just stick with a flash hider.

Comment

I bought a break on amazon cause it looked cool, had three slots on the sides, pulled stock birdcage off, screwed it on got ino the stand, shot 2 hogs and my ears rang for 10 min. Sent it back an bought a linear compensator an never looked back. But recoil is heavier but i can deal with that, not wearing ear plugs while huntin is worth the xtra pop to m shoulder. AR-10 16" bbl is what its on btw

Comment

people are swearing by the VG6 breaks. I have one, but have yet to use it.

If you keep your eyes out for them, you can get the VG6 Gamma for ~$60.

VG6 Precision manufacturers various muzzle devices for the everyday consumer. Featuring AR15, AR308 and Bolt Gun options.

Comment

Working...
                              X