Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Because it helps our SOCIETY

If we can have a team of folks come together and find a cure for cancer, would you not want the govt to fund such group?

Why?

Because private industry does pretty much everything more efficient and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
      You didn't answer my question...you deflected it with another question that had nothing to do with what I asked...or maybe I wasn't clear or misunderstood you...

Q: WHY should I, via being taxed at a higher rate (I'll assume), be responsible to pay for someone's "free college"?

IMO, all you are doing is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
      Correct, Paul might be better off with his "free college", but its at the expense of Peter's wallet. (You honestly think Peter likes that?)

I might sound like an azz, but I work to provide for MY FAMILY, not YOUR'S...
      IMO, if you want a college education & can't afford it, take out a school loan....
      I should NOT be responsible for keeping YOU debt free...

Q: Why not allow each tax payer to decide for themselves if they want to contribute to "free college" or not?

They can simple indicate in a box on their return if they want to be taxed higher to pay for said free program. Why force those not wanting to pay, to pay against their will? I mean, if its such a great idea, why would you worry about giving people the option; should be 90-100% enrollment, right?

I might be mistaken, but are we not already doing that now? (funding cancer research)

And I might be mistaken, but aren't those same researchers already college educated....but without the "free college" proposed?

Plus, are you saying that "free college" will make college graduates some how more intelligent than today's students?

I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to use that "free college" money for better cancer research, equipment, staff & technology?

Q: How exactly is "free college" going to cure cancer?

This is absolutely spot on. Can’t affird college? Get a loan or work two jobs like I did and pay for it yourself.

These big government proponents just don’t get it. Why should my tax dollars pay to put anyone through college ?
      What’s your hard earned college degree with when everyone has one?
      Answer: about what your high school diploma is worth.

Don’t get me wrong - by no means is a college degree necessary to be very successful.

Comment

What part of immunology is "republican or democrat"?

How about Differential Equations? Is that conservative or liberal?

Bayes vs Frequentist
        Which one is the conservative and which the liberal?
        And who would be the Libertarian????
        What part of any of that makes a professor go to an Antifa rally and whack people over the head with a bicycle lock? What makes a professor call for the assassination of the President? Whether you want to admit it or not, most universities are extremely liberal.
        Last edited by Ironman; 10-09-2018, 05:33 PM.

Comment

This is exactly why some folks live in the stone ages.
          Rather than talk about the keypoints you will nitpick and say I used 'there' instead of 'their'

Keep up the good work.
          No. He was pointing out the fact that you don't even know the difference between jet propulsion and rocket propulsion, even with your extremely valuable college education.

Keep up the good work though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Because private industry does pretty much everything more efficient and cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Spot on. Heck, private industry does all this, plus tacks on better customer service and better ROI to boot. Why? Because they go out of business if they don't.

That's the problem with government and government entities. No accountability or at least a substantial lack of it. Typical government solution is to just throw more money at it; which obviously doesn't work.

I agree with the other posters on this thread stating how pathetic it is that all of these transplants from liberal strong-hold states moving to TX and bringing their liberal voting views with them. Most of them being completely oblivious of the fact that the lack of opportunities in their old states is much to do with the same liberal crap they support.

Comment

I'm not gonna name names but I'm just gonna say some on here are just a special kinda stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                No. He was pointing out the fact that you don't even know the difference between jet propulsion and rocket propulsion, even with your extremely valuable college education.

Keep up the good work though.
                Wait.....are you saying he isnt the smartest guy in the room?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  I'm not gonna name names but I'm just gonna say some on here are just a special kinda stupid.
                  Mega Special Stupid like a fox...free college means more lefty profs to push the said lefty agenda. Just a TROLL trolling!!

Comment

K-12 is not free to the end user?
                    Medicare charges for its services?

You're going to say me and you pay for it via our tax dollars but the end user does not care and pays not one red cent to utilize the service(s).

K-12 education, Veterans Healthcare and Medicare are communist SOCIALIZED programs.
                    You can say vet healthcare is a "fringe benefit" of serving in the military (even if only for a year or two) but it is still provided for by the govt
                    Like I said, definitions can vary.

There is ALWAYS a cost somewhere. And NOTHING provided by the government is free.

No, K-12 is not free to the end user. Like you said, it IS paid for by our tax dollars. Now, little Timmy and Suzy may not realize it is costing them anything, but what could their parents have bought for them with that $7,000 they had to spend on those school taxes? And how many fundraisers do schools have each year to continue to provide our kids with this "free" education"?

Same with Medicare. It is paid for by someone. Nothing is free.

Comment

Healthcare for all will prevent these type of posts...

Comment

Ha, he’s welcome to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Like I said, definitions can vary.

There is ALWAYS a cost somewhere. And NOTHING provided by the government is free.

No, K-12 is not free to the end user. Like you said, it IS paid for by our tax dollars. Now, little Timmy and Suzy may not realize it is costing them anything, but what could their parents have bought for them with that $7,000 they had to spend on those school taxes? And how many fundraisers do schools have each year to continue to provide our kids with this "free" education"?

Same with Medicare. It is paid for by someone. Nothing is free.

I said above that my and your tax dollars might pay to keep the k-12 education running but how man millions of children have parents that do not work, have never worked and those children's grandparents have never worked?
                          Additionally, so what if a kid's parents make a combined $40k per year. How much of those taxes (probably is guess $4k for the year) will go to paying for their kids public school education?

The united states is bigger than Texas please remember that and folks do things differently outside of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Mega Special Stupid like a fox...free college means more lefty profs to push the said lefty agenda. Just a TROLL trolling!!
                            So conservatives should stop going to college because leftist professors are brainwashing conservative students in Microbiology classes.

How backwards can you be to not want your entire citizenry to be as educated (even at PhD level) as possible?

This is bizzaro world to me.
                            An entire internet forum filled with folks who shun formalized education. Just really strange.
                            I take it very few here have love for the arts.
                            I guess if you're not discussing mixing kool-aid and jello with your pea gravel then most aren't interested.

There is a stereotype that conservatives are dumb bubbas and that they shun education and all they want to do is cling to their guns and ask "age & score".

I fail to understand why so many refuse to have has an educated citizenry as possible even if the entire country pays for it.

Dumb Americans.

Comment

So conservatives should stop going to college because leftist professors are brainwashing conservative students in Microbiology classes.

How backwards can you be to not want your entire citizenry to be as educated (even at PhD level) as possible?

This is bizzaro world to me.
                              An entire internet forum filled with folks who shun formalized education. Just really strange.
                              I take it very few here have love for the arts.
                              I guess if you're not discussing mixing kool-aid and jello with your pea gravel then most aren't interested.

There is a stereotype that conservatives are dumb bubbas and that they shun education and all they want to do is cling to their guns and ask "age & score".

I fail to understand why so many refuse to have has an educated citizenry as possible even if the entire country pays for it.

Dumb Americans.

Comment

Soooooo.....an ENTIRE country of PhD level citizenry.....ok, I go t a question:

Q: Who will work at Mc Donald's, for minimum wage, with a PhD?

Comment

Working...
                                X