Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Wyoming Pronghorn Hunt

Hey guys,

Looking to possibly head up to wyo to do some pronghorn hunting, season closes on the 31st but wanted to gauge interest to see if someone would like to head up that way with me next year.

I would if I could walk good, I’ll still be in a post surgery boot probably. Good luck though

Comment

im wanting to do the same.

Comment

I’m in for details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah man, share the details!

Comment

I took it as there are no details, brother just wants to jump and go get a himself a pronghorn. He's looking for some paaadners to go with and help him work out the details.
            Probably way off base though

Comment

Any preference points, you need them to draw a tag.
              You'll enjoy it. No OTC tags everything is a draw.
              Some leftovers every year but they have hard access.
              Late Oct can be iffy on weather for hunting and travel. It is usually winter by then.
              Lots of great areas to hunt with the right number of PP.

Comment

I've been looking into going next year, feel free to share details.

Comment

You can still buy preference points for this year. The deadline is Oct. 31st.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunswayne View Post
                    You can still buy preference points for this year. The deadline is Oct. 31st.
                    Best thing to do. Get you 3 or 4 and it will open the door to a lot of choices instead of just a few units with limited hunting area, i.e. limited to within 1/2 mile from irrigated land.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      Best thing to do. Get you 3 or 4 and it will open the door to a lot of choices instead of just a few units with limited hunting area, i.e. limited to within 1/2 mile from irrigated land.
                      Almost forgot to buy mine.

Comment

I've been turned onto WY as of late and purchased an antelope and elk point. Plan to start accumulating.

Comment

Special draw will help some too. It's just more expensive

Comment

Bought a point just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              I took it as there are no details, brother just wants to jump and go get a himself a pronghorn. He's looking for some paaadners to go with and help him work out the details.
                              Probably way off base though
                              Hatter almost has me pegged.... but as for planning/details I am thinking BLM areas in the center part of the state since the tags would be easier. Between Riverton and Casper. I was a fly fishing guide in the alpine area so have some real basic knowledge of the area, a few connections. I am thinking backcountry camping and spending the first part glassing, then spot and stalk from there. I have no problem doing the planning and research, just wanted to see if I could find someone with enough interest to get it started.
                              Last edited by TexanDuke; 10-03-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X