Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yellowfin Tuna - Offshore November / Interested?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m working on the green! Mama gave me the look so we shall see.

Comment

Captain Sparkles

Comment

Looks like that was one heck of a trip

Comment

I’m working on the green! Mama gave me the look so we shall see.
          Oh you have to make it Chris! Just run the numbers on a pound of prime yellowfin tuna steaks. Then factor in your 3 yellowfin limit, averaging 70 - 100lbs per fish. Vacuum sealed steaks at the house and can tuna trimmings - you end up with a bunch of prime meat.

We've seen tuna that hit 200 lbs flying in the air at 40 - 50 mph. To be honest, not sure I want a part of that but.....what the heck, we have a boat full of willing anglers to give it a run

Comment

Kruppa24, everyone of these trips is off the chart. We've hooked them jumping out of the water, chasing flying fish. We've hooked them swimming plugs subsurface, we've hooked them deep jigging and or free lining a circle hook with a chunk of cut bait (cut up blackfin tuna). Sonar can see the fish and we dial in the depth...eventually they come up and or flying fish show up at the rig/boat lights with hungry yellowfin tuna, busting the water in pursuit. Some of these tunas are splashing so much water it looks like someone tossed a hand grenade into the water. Explosive spray as these fish get aerial.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
              Looks like that was one heck of a trip
              It always is! We have had some good and some bad weather trips! Some players change but the main core group always shows. We ALWAYS have fun though. I cant wait to get back out there with this bunch of crazies!!!

Comment

What time do you head out on the 13th?

Comment

Always a great time. Looking forward to slaying them again this year.

Comment

Been wanting to make one of these, but I'm heading to Venice tuna fishing the week before.

Comment

Are y’all gonna have extra rods or do we need to bring our own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                        What time do you head out on the 13th?
                        Was a correction on the date it leaves on the 7th and returns on the 9th of november. The trips vary depending on what the plan is but generally go something like this. We show up at 5am and leave at 6 am. Boat ride most of the day and begin fishing late afternoon. Fish all that night and thru the next day. Then fish into the next night and early morning hours. Then collapse into the bunks and sleep till we get to the dock that afternoon!

You don't need much to try one of these trips. The boat provides gear if you dont have any. The captains and mates will help you catch fish. No stress or worry of the typical head boat problems. Lots of space and lots of friends! If you ever wanted to try this type of fishing you wont find a better chance to get started!

If you have any questions PM one of us.

Comment

As far as tackle- I wouldn't bring anything that was star drag as it will get smoked. If bringing an egg beater make sure it has enough to handle it. I fish with egg beaters and have both Penn Torque and Van Staal that I carry. For conventional to cat most use Avet or Accurate and for chunking 30s seem to be the ticket. If you don't have gear don't let that slow you down. There will be plenty of rods and reels to catch tuna on. Tackle- Id bring a few glo Ahi Assault diamond jigs (couple 4 and 8 ounce) and maybe 2-3 flying fish lures if you want to cast.

Comment

I’m ready [emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

Comment

How many spots are y’all looking to fill?

Comment

I know there were about 6 open spots- I think 1 or 2 have been taken but not sure. We keep it at 14 or 15 total for the boat so we have plenty of room

Comment

Working...
                                X