New load and some long range shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New load and some long range shooting

I have a 7 SAUM that I put together for ELR shooting. APR did the barreled action. Overall its been amazing, I worked up a load for 180 grain ELD Match. Shooting good but wanted to play with lighter load. I grabbed a box of 162 ELD Match bullets. Ended up getting them to 3327 average with SD of 10 FPS. Absolutely screaming fast. 2nd batch was 3343 with 32 fps SD. The group was shot with the 2nd load. Shot little over 0.5 MOA group really fast in some nasty heat with 12mph wind at 820 yards. I bet the other load would have gone .3-.4 MOA. Which is right where the 180s shoot but took me 1.4 mils less than the 180 load to get there. I can't wait to get this to a mile.

Its down there some place

Phone zoomed as much as it can go. Center of pic you can see the orange box.

There is the group. a hare under 5" in vertical spread. Barrel was very hot.

I did some long range shooting today myself. It’s fun but dang it was hot and mirage was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
      I did some long range shooting today myself. It’s fun but dang it was hot and mirage was bad.

It was terrible today. I’ve got a pretty good burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
        It was terrible today. I’ve got a pretty good burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I had shade, the 500yds to target did not.

Comment

Working...
        X