Arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows

I just got my first ever bow, a Mathews switchback xt getting great lessons from a friend and not doing to bad. Any recommendations on arrows?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Go heavy. 450gn plus. Use a low spine arrow, around 320 spine. They are less forging but are heavier. If you can set up your bow to shoot 450 gn arrows at 270 feet per second or better you will smoke Texas white tails.

Comment

Need a lot more info. before suggesting anything. Draw length, draw weight, arrow length, point weight you want to shoot would help also.
      Last edited by critter69; 11-29-2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by picklenav130 View Post
        Go heavy. 450gn plus. Use a low spine arrow, around 320 spine. They are less forging but are heavier. If you can set up your bow to shoot 450 gn arrows at 270 feet per second or better you will smoke Texas white tails.
        bad info right here,,, your assuming a lot..........

if he pulling 55# and only pulling 26" a 320 spine is way to much and will fly very poorly!

to the op, listen to your friend first, if what he says is working stick with it, if not change it ,,, you can find arrow charts on line very easy and match the weight of pull, and length of draw to determine what you most likely need in the way of arrow spine .... arrow brand and model are mostly personal choices

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
          bad info right here,,, your assuming a lot..........

if he pulling 55# and only pulling 26" a 320 spine is way to much and will fly very poorly!

to the op, listen to your friend first, if what he says is working stick with it, if not change it ,,, you can find arrow charts on line very easy and match the weight of pull, and length of draw to determine what you most likely need in the way of arrow spine .... arrow brand and model are mostly personal choices

Very true. I assumed too much there.

Comment

He is drawing 48 lbs @ 26.5”. Currently shooting a 27” or so, 400 spine w/ a 100 grain tip. Will hunt with 100 gr. COC 2 blade Buzzcut. Hopefully he can put some meat in the freezer this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had good luck with Easton axis shafts I would think with your specs you will need 500 spine . Good luck this weekend

Comment

PM Muddyfuzzy on here and let him build you some. Give him all your specs and he will make suggestions. Top notch arrow guru!

Comment

Muddyfuzzy

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  PM Muddyfuzzy on here and let him build you some. Give him all your specs and he will make suggestions. Top notch arrow guru!
                  This

Comment

I could use the same help, I'm drawing 31" at 70lbs and could use some help as to what type of arrow/broadhead I should get. Next season will be my first season to bow hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                      I could use the same help, I'm drawing 31" at 70lbs and could use some help as to what type of arrow/broadhead I should get. Next season will be my first season to bow hunt.

I have a setup similar to yours I shoot rage hypodermics and get the best blood trails ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Grady_jones View Post
                        I have a setup similar to yours I shoot rage hypodermics and get the best blood trails ever!

What weight?

Comment

Build your own.....really pretty simple to do.
                          Every bowhunter should be able to build an arrow. http://www.huntersfriend.com/carbon-...-research.html

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post
                            He is drawing 48 lbs @ 26.5”. Currently shooting a 27” or so, 400 spine w/ a 100 grain tip. Will hunt with 100 gr. COC 2 blade Buzzcut. Hopefully he can put some meat in the freezer this weekend.

Amen to that BROTHER

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BmacBmac1 View Post

charts say he is right in the 400 window. should be just fine...........for now. keep him at 25yds or less and on our deer he should have no problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X